Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some sort of powerful tapping technique...

2 posters

Go down

Some sort of powerful tapping technique... Empty Some sort of powerful tapping technique...

Post  Stryfer Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm

So I saw this video and he uses this crazy tap-like technique at 0.25. Can anyone tell me whats going on here? I'm hearing plenty of dead notes and it seems like what he's doing with his fretting hand is the same as when you slap dead notes... However, he taps something when he lets go and it doesn't sound all chaotic, but still sounds like more than one note. Is he really that crazy accurate that he hits exactly 2 notes and nothing more at the one point is there more to it than that? Even if there isn't, any tips or excersizes or videos that I can consult to learn this?

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Some sort of powerful tapping technique... Empty Re: Some sort of powerful tapping technique...

Post  Dmanlamius Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:25 pm

I really enjoyed that!

I think you nailed it there. I'm getting pretty good at tapping now, and you know my Slap and pop is up to par. But teaching something like this is so bloody hard, because you can't really break it down, as there is so much going on! Sometimes breaking it down just complicates matters.

I'd go with whatever tapping you already know, and try and speed it up to get the dexterity. Then start adding hammer-ons and pull offs with the fretting hand.

I really like the way he's using one of those detuners on his headstock to get a completely different pitch. My friend has one of those, and they are pretty cool. From E to a drop D at the flick of a switch.

Oh, and that Bass MUST have thin strings. Its very small, actually. Prefect for that type of thing.

Sorry I couldn't help more my friend.

Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Some sort of powerful tapping technique... Empty Re: Some sort of powerful tapping technique...

Post  Stryfer Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:47 pm

So I re-visited this topic after a while... For some reason I have a tendancy to leave out entire words as I type, thus making some posts hard to decipher Shocked

Thanks for the reply, Dman. I know the request/question had a difficulty rating of insane Smile

Anyway, today I'm getting really close to his dexterity and speed (though getting any of the riffs down is beyond my hearing skill) in terms of scale-like tapping phrases.
However, the technique he applies at 0.25 where he's slamming the neck still eludes me...particularly what he's doing with his right hand. Has anyone had any luck figuring it out?

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down