Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interference

3 posters

Go down

Interference Empty Interference

Post  Pippynip Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 pm

A couple of days ago (Friday, I think), I plugged my bass into my little headphone amp. There was an incredibly loud buzzing/hissing noise coming from it, which was at a sliiiiightly lower volume than the bass-playing itself. I then plugged it into my beeeg amp to see if the headphone amp was broken, but the same noise was there. I thought "oh bollocks the wiring's gone" and opened up the back to have a look, but... everything seemed fine.

I left it alone until just now, when I plugged it into my beeeg amp again. No noise. All gone. Could it have been some outside interference, or is it likely that the wiring has indeed gone and I'll be hearing that noise again in a couple of days, most likely in the middle of a gig?
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Interference Empty Re: Interference

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 am

I'm no electrician, but it seems to me one of the wires has gone slightly loose, so certain actions produce a bad connection.

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:23 pm

This calls for experimentation my friend Smile Wire jiggling time!

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 pm

pale

Reckon I'll jiggle 'em when/if it happens next. No sense in potentially breaking it even more. I'll just have a backup bass ready at all times...
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum