Free Bass guitar lessons


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cher "Bang Bang"

4 posters

Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:21 pm

OK I feel stupid.

I can't find any tabs and I can't seem to "get" the notes played.

Any help? :/
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Pippynip Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:56 am

Nope, but I do have a kitty cat.

(,,,)=^_^=(,,,)

D'aww, ain't it a cute lil' thang.

... yeah k will help Razz I'll have a go at figuring them out and report back in due course Very Happy

_________________
Cher "Bang Bang" Pippynip

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:00 am

Pippynip wrote:Nope, but I do have a kitty cat.

(,,,)=^_^=(,,,)

D'aww, ain't it a cute lil' thang.

... yeah k will help Razz I'll have a go at figuring them out and report back in due course Very Happy

Pippynip always helps me.
I need to buy you a drink. Sometime.
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Pippynip Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:13 am

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I spent a solid minute wondering why no sound was coming out the headphone amp... I'd forgotten to plug it in Razz

_________________
Cher "Bang Bang" Pippynip

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:35 am

Pippynip wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes up, I spent a solid minute wondering why no sound was coming out the headphone amp... I'd forgotten to plug it in Razz

LOL.

I think the first riff is E.

The open E? or on the D the 2nd fret?

Hmm :/
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Pippynip Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:42 am

RIGHTY

You'll need to tune your E string down to C#. You could tune all your other strings down a tone (GCF) to put it in Drop C# if you want, but I don't think that's necessary.

Then, when it kicks in, play the 5th fret (F#). When it changes, play the 3rd (E), then when it changes again, play the open string (...guess). At 1:11ish, when he plays that note on the off-beat, that's an E.

At 1:45ish, you play A, hold it... then the next note is F# again, then D, then B. This is why I don't think downtuning the rest of the strings is necessary - you can just use 5th on the C# string for the F# and play the others on the strings above.

2:08ish: A, F, G, EGA. That then repeats. (edit: this riff happens three times - on the fourth, when you're supposed to hit the G, play E instead, and hold it until the main riff) After that, it's back to the main riff. After it cuts out at 2:45-ish, you come back in on the E.

I think there are some variations, but that's the gist of it Very Happy

(had to edit a few errors Razz)

_________________
Cher "Bang Bang" Pippynip

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:26 am

Pippynip wrote:RIGHTY

You'll need to tune your E string down to C#. You could tune all your other strings down a tone (GCF) to put it in Drop C# if you want, but I don't think that's necessary.

Then, when it kicks in, play the 5th fret (F#). When it changes, play the 3rd (E), then when it changes again, play the open string (...guess). At 1:11ish, when he plays that note on the off-beat, that's an E.

At 1:45ish, you play A, hold it... then the next note is F# again, then D, then B. This is why I don't think downtuning the rest of the strings is necessary - you can just use 5th on the C# string for the F# and play the others on the strings above.

2:08ish: A, F, G, EGA. That then repeats. (edit: this riff happens three times - on the fourth, when you're supposed to hit the G, play E instead, and hold it until the main riff) After that, it's back to the main riff. After it cuts out at 2:45-ish, you come back in on the E.

I think there are some variations, but that's the gist of it Very Happy

(had to edit a few errors Razz)

Damn do I really need to tune down? lmao
I will try it tmoz, because now I can't get amp on to tune!

Thank you, I will feedback you!
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Pippynip Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:34 am

Well you only need it for the C# - you could play the 4th fret on the A instead, but it doesn't sound as good imo Razz

_________________
Cher "Bang Bang" Pippynip

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 am

Pippynip wrote:Well you only need it for the C# - you could play the 4th fret on the A instead, but it doesn't sound as good imo Razz

Oh good! hehe

Thanks again!
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Stryfer Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Or you could play the whole thing an octave higher? I've done that on occasion. I've also played a D# in How You Remind Me an octave higher just so I don't have to downtune. It still sounded good when I added a bit of spice to it Smile

Stryfer


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Stryfer wrote:Or you could play the whole thing an octave higher? I've done that on occasion. I've also played a D# in How You Remind Me an octave higher just so I don't have to downtune. It still sounded good when I added a bit of spice to it Smile

So I could transfer my C# on the D, 6th fret, right?
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Pippynip Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:40 pm

A, 4th fret. 6th on the D is G# Very Happy

_________________
Cher "Bang Bang" Pippynip

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Pippynip wrote:A, 4th fret. 6th on the D is G# Very Happy
Yes, my bad.
Tried it right, expressed it wrong.
(someone needs to check the scales again!)
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  MetalJacob Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 pm

I am astounded as to how Pip got that down so well. I wish I had ears.
MetalJacob
MetalJacob


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Pippynip Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:57 pm

My sound card came with software that lets me mess around with the EQ, so I boost the bass in order to hear it better Very Happy

_________________
Cher "Bang Bang" Pippynip

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Stryfer Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:58 am

Or you could just open winamps EQ Laughing
Thought, most of the time the bass is just so well buried in the mix that you can't quite get to it Evil or Very Mad

Stryfer


Back to top Go down

Cher "Bang Bang" Empty Re: Cher "Bang Bang"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum