Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.<

+2
mts
Drakon7
6 posters

Go down

Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.< Empty Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.<

Post  Drakon7 Thu May 21, 2009 3:33 am

Gah, cant just have 'picks' as the title.

This isnt a pick vs fingers debate, sorry =P

Just wondering what peoples oppinions are on the different kinds of picks [thumbpicks, fingerpicks etc]

I was thinking about getting some fingerpicks to help with my strumming =D
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.< Empty Re: Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.<

Post  mts Thu May 21, 2009 12:31 pm

I like to use just normal guitar picks and when i am playing something fast on guitar or bass then i like to use dunlop's jazz III picks. It jusrt so much easier. They are just perfect for me and well dosnt really matter i am plying jazz II just works. Some of my friends have complained that jazz III's are too small.
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.< Empty Re: Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.<

Post  Smaz Thu May 21, 2009 2:39 pm

I've only used normal picks, and go for 0.88 thickness if I can. I prefer the Stagg picks for some reason!
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Thu May 21, 2009 10:20 pm

I was thinking about trying picks like these
Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.< GGatePick

Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.< Dunlop_lefty_fingerpicks

You wear them like this like. For those who don't already know.

Picks. Title must be more then 10 characters >.< Fingerpicks2

Also looks like a good way to either avoid blisters or to cover them up once you get them!

Any ideas?
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Igastopheles Fri May 22, 2009 11:28 pm

I would suggest them if you planned on fingerpicking, sure. I'm sure they'd be awesome for fingerpicking but for fast strumming that may be a different story.
Igastopheles
Igastopheles

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Fri May 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Well, I don't think those things cost that much, so.... just let us know how they are! king
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Fri May 22, 2009 11:54 pm

Havent ever seen basist use those... or well anyone. Razz
Some how i can imagine flamengo guitarist sunny
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 23, 2009 10:39 am

Or Catwoman...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flycutter Sat May 23, 2009 1:49 pm

I watched the Behind The Player dvd for Robbie Merrill of Godsmack. He uses fingerpicks on some songs. I believe he said it is because of the physical disability he has on his picking hand.
Flycutter
Flycutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down