Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Listening To?

+52
MeLovesDomoKun
Lucia241195
Fife
Davo 112233
DavidM96
turboscrew
qiix
SyneRRR
MetalJacob
Bass Mon
SgtCandy
Primussucks
KrysH
lololiet
FranR
PaddyPaco
de_fender
Hutch
mothball
Some freaky guy
deaksplodge
f8tlbyte
akyra
brandonb70
uglymutt
Stryfer
Blackdragon
ThreeLetterSyndrom
Pippynip
BlackF89
willba
maxf13
Igastopheles
Dylan hergs
Spoon
Protoplm
McSnuggles
Drakon7
Guzco
bikerbrianpunk
Garth
Cliff em' all
WNx3fed
mts
SuperMaximo93
Dmanlamius
general lee
keizer
Fuzzy
lokki
Dropthelines585
Pastichio
56 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What Are You Listening To? Empty What Are You Listening To?

Post  Pastichio Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm just curious to what people in the forum are listening to at the moment, what albums, bands are currently spinning in their cd players. I just wanted to get a general idea of what people are into without people having to list every band or artist that they like.

For myself, Mastodon's new album Crack the Skye has been on constant repeat and I would recommend it to anyone. It's one of those albums that just gets better each time you listen to it, I have a feeling that it will be one of those albums that people will label classic in ten to fifteen years time. It's probably one of the best albums I've heard in recent years. Also, The Devil You Know by Heaven and Hell has graced my cd player allot recently, for those that don't know Heaven and Hell are the Roni James Dio fronted Black Sabbath. It's pretty good, nothing ground breaking or anything. it's just nice to hear some classic doom metal from seasoned rockers in the 21st century.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening To? Empty Re: What Are You Listening To?

Post  Dropthelines585 Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Between the Buried and Me's Alaska album.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  lokki Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Classic rock most of the time.
Golden earing 'specially have some great songs.

And for something a bit rougher i usually turn to Manowar.
Mostly because of my love for Northern mythology. Their album Gods of War is kind of like a metal opera. Really nice.
lokki
lokki

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:43 am

Mostly parkway drive, killswitch engage and in flames at the moment.. although they've been on my ipod for years Smile
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  keizer Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:53 am

[quote="lokki"]Classic rock most of the time.
Golden earing 'specially have some great songs.

Goes for me too....... I love to jam to Twilght Zone
keizer
keizer

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:31 am

Mostly The Who, RS, AC/DC, Black Sabbath , Iron Maiden and a bit of Judas Priest...

Last edited by general lee on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:42 pm

I seem to be listening to a lot of the cardiacs at the moment.

Definatly too odd for a lot of people, but were a major inspiration on bands like Faith no more, Mr Bungle, The cure, Blur...oh man....there's loads and loads.

It's because they are so diverse, i think.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:53 pm

A load of jazz on Spotify radio so it will hopefully influence my playing style for jazz band
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:15 pm

I have been listening lots of Kylesas new album. It is just really great album almost perfect. If you like Mastodon check Kylesa: Static Tension it is really amazing. Also i have been listening some Raised Fist, Disfear and other Crust/HC punk bands while cycling to keep my speed up.
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:00 pm

mts wrote:I have been listening lots of Kylesas new album. It is just really great album almost perfect. If you like Mastodon check Kylesa: Static Tension it is really amazing. Also i have been listening some Raised Fist, Disfear and other Crust/HC punk bands while cycling to keep my speed up.

ha ha for a second there I thought you meant Kelis the rnb singer but with different spelling. I'll have to check them out, thanks for the tip.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  WNx3fed Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:28 pm

At the moment I am listening to the Shadow of the Colossus soundtrack Smile ready for the last guardian! ;D
WNx3fed
WNx3fed

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Obscura - Cosmogenesis
One of the best cd's of the year!Extremely technical,death metal,recommended for everyone
Oh,and for those of you that don't like death metal hear the song orbital elements.An instrumental
Oh...and btw...6 stringed fretless bass my friends...

Nachtmystium - Assasins black meddle pt.1
Simply great!Makes you wanna headbang while making you sensitive!

Hurt - Goodbye to the machine
Well...that's my favourite band.I bow to their mastering of music.For those about to hear hurt after that,i salute you...
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:19 pm

Pastichio wrote:
mts wrote:I have been listening lots of Kylesas new album. It is just really great album almost perfect. If you like Mastodon check Kylesa: Static Tension it is really amazing. Also i have been listening some Raised Fist, Disfear and other Crust/HC punk bands while cycling to keep my speed up.

ha ha for a second there I thought you meant Kelis the rnb singer but with different spelling. I'll have to check them out, thanks for the tip.

I don't want to hype too much but imho one of the best albums released this year besides Mastodons Crack The Sky and new Therapy?'s Crooked Timber.
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:06 pm

I'm now enjoying the new 311 album Uplifter.

Maximo, you should check out St. Germaine and Ramsey Lewis Trio.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:31 am

Recently I've been listening to a band called The Number Twelve Looks like You, which is an experimental/"mathcore"(if you will)/and some jazz elements... really quite unique (to me at least).

One cd I picked up recently, that most people would know of, is Neil Young's Greatest Hits. Gotta love Rockin' In the Free World... love that song.
Garth
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:32 pm

mts wrote:
Pastichio wrote:

I don't want to hype too much but imho one of the best albums released this year besides Mastodons Crack The Sky and new Therapy?'s Crooked Timber.

I'll def check them out and I'll look out for Therapy?'s new album too. If its as good as Mastodons Crack the Skye then I will be impressed. I'm also looking forward to the new Dream Theater album, coming out this month.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Ι'μ seeing mastodon and kylesa live! this summer!
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:08 pm

Pastichio wrote:
mts wrote:
Pastichio wrote:

I'll def check them out and I'll look out for Therapy?'s new album too. If its as good as Mastodons Crack the Skye then I will be impressed. I'm also looking forward to the new Dream Theater album, coming out this month.

Well don't expect too much. Smile
Kylesa album is really good. Not so sure about Therapy?'s i have just been huge fan since Troublegum and Infernal Love albums. Maybe you should check those if your not familiar with Therapy?.

Sorry man but i haven't really ever been into Dream Theater. They are awesome players have to give that but too much solos, kinda this look how good players we are and the singing is kinda annoying. But it is just me. Sorry.
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Cliff em' all wrote:

I'm going to see Mastodon in august. They are supporting Metallica.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 pm

mts wrote:
Pastichio wrote:
mts wrote:
Pastichio wrote:

Well don't expect too much. Smile
Kylesa album is really good. Not so sure about Therapy?'s i have just been huge fan since Troublegum and Infernal Love albums. Maybe you should check those if your not familiar with Therapy?.

Sorry man but i haven't really ever been into Dream Theater. They are awesome players have to give that but too much solos, kinda this look how good players we are and the singing is kinda annoying. But it is just me. Sorry.

Yea I understand where you are coming from on that front, they do indulge a lot in solo's and such I just admire their level of musicianship.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Pastichio wrote:
Cliff em' all wrote:

Οh that's very good...Where?

I'm going on rockwave athens...There's gonna be,mastodon,slipknot,down,kylesa,torche,saxon,lita ford,and some others i think... alien
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Cliff em' all wrote:
Pastichio wrote:
Cliff em' all wrote:

I'm going on rockwave athens...There's gonna be,mastodon,slipknot,down,kylesa,torche,saxon,lita ford,and some others i think... alien

Dublin. Metallica are headlining and then its Alice In Chains, Mastodon,Thin Lizzy, The Sword and others I don't remember. I'm just looking forward to seeing Mastodon to be honest, and Metallica will be good too.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Pastichio wrote:
Cliff em' all wrote:
Pastichio wrote:
Cliff em' all wrote:

Dublin. Metallica are headlining and then its Alice In Chains, Mastodon,Thin Lizzy, The Sword and others I don't remember. I'm just looking forward to seeing Mastodon to be honest, and Metallica will be good too.

I'd love to see alice in chains & thin lizzy too!
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Alice in chains!? But Layne is dead.... Crying or Very sad

Who's singing?
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Cliff em' all wrote:
Pastichio wrote:
Cliff em' all wrote:
Pastichio wrote:
Cliff em' all wrote:

I'd love to see alice in chains & thin lizzy too!

I've seen Thin Lizzy twice before. Once with Gary Moore, they made a DVD of it One Night in Dublin i think its called not to sure, but I was there ya! Front row! Then a few weeks later at vibe for Philo but Brian Downey wasn't on drums, they hold one every year and the boys from Thin Lizzy get together around Phil's anniversary. The Thin Lizzy doing the rounds at the moment is pretty much just a tribute band led by John Sykes. Although Ive never seen Lizzy with Phi Sad but at least I got to see Eric Bell, Scott Graham,Brian Robertson and Gary Moore all in one night. Twas a very special evening.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next