Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Bass jam (including Flea)

+4
general lee
SuperMaximo93
Cliff em' all
Dmanlamius
8 posters

Go down

Interesting Bass jam (including Flea) Empty Interesting Bass jam (including Flea)

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:18 am

Hey guys, I just made a blog post about this Jam i've found. Take a look at it and see what you think!

clicky
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Interesting Bass jam (including Flea) Empty Re: Interesting Bass jam (including Flea)

Post  Cliff em' all Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:33 am

Man,that's great,i love that vid!Great!My favourite solo was billy sheehan's solo...But fleas was very good too!
Well done dman! Twisted Evil
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Interesting Bass jam (including Flea) Empty Re: Interesting Bass jam (including Flea)

Post  SuperMaximo93 Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Very, very cool Very Happy Loved Flea and Billy's solos!
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Nice!
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:21 pm

In my opinion Flea will always be up there with the best. People have and will continue to mock but him, but no one can disagree with me that he is such an influence to ALOT of up starting bassists. I wouldn't have picked up a bass if it were not for flea. I really enjoyed flea's part there and its a credit to him to even be up there with those true living bass legends (pity he was stuck on the side Sad ). Stu Hamm also impressed me alot there. Sheenan, well what he did there i've seen him to before, flea really did something different than were used to.

Enough of flea loving now - check how tight paul turner is here live for jamiroquai

danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:25 pm

That is just so, so nice....
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 am

That video was really cool.
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 pm

danthewelshy wrote:
Enough of flea loving now - check how tight paul turner is here live for jamiroquai

[Video here]

EPIC WIN Very Happy You've got me addicted to Jamiroquai now; the basslines are so funky! Laughing
...A bit off topic but: it's amazing how your musical tastes can change when you pick up a musical instrument... If I heard Jamiroquai or any other band like that before I started bass I wouldn't really have liked them that much...
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:48 pm

SuperMaximo93 wrote:
danthewelshy wrote:

[Video here]

EPIC WIN Very Happy You've got me addicted to Jamiroquai now; the basslines are so funky! Laughing
...A bit off topic but: it's amazing how your musical tastes can change when you pick up a musical instrument... If I heard Jamiroquai or any other band like that before I started bass I wouldn't really have liked them that much...

Very very true indeed
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:19 am

That is so true!

It completely changes your perspective. Cause you start hearing the music in a different way. Before picking up bass we didnt listen to hard to the lower frequencies.
But it makes you think differently of musicians, too.

Like, before I started playing, I would have said Trujillo was best off being in metallica. Then I ACTUALLY listened to Infection Grooves. and yeah..
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Funky!
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:42 pm

I must say, as good as Paul Turner is, I don't think it got much better than Stuart Zender on bass for them...

I just have to THINK of this video for inspiration for funky grooving, the bassline is tighter than a nun's....

king
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down