Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pop finger

3 posters

Go down

pop finger Empty pop finger

Post  sam23593 Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 am

having some troubble poping, I cant seem to get the pop finger on the D string fast enough when doing random combos
mainly because its obstructed by the G string, and I dont have podgy fingers, PLEASE HELP..... Laughing
sam23593
sam23593

Back to top Go down

pop finger Empty Re: pop finger

Post  Dmanlamius Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello, Sam.

Did you do my first slap and pop vid? That octave based excercise is great for getting the wrist and tendons used to slapping, and then popping.

Just slap and pop simple octaves, and try and build up your speed, slowly. It really is a case of sticking with it, and not giving up. We were all at where you are at some point!

Slap 5th fret on A. Pop seventh fret on G. Repeat this, and try and build up your strength...
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  sam23593 Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:32 am

thanks mate will do Laughing Smile cyclops
sam23593
sam23593

Back to top Go down

Post  Protoplm Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:29 am

You'll learn to angle your hand so your finger doesn't hit the G string. Try popping both the D and G string at once. It'll be a bit awkward at first, but if you keep trying it, you'll find a spot where it's comfortable. When you find that, you should have already trained yourself to hold your hand that way when you pop.

EDIT: D'man has a funk riff that uses this, it's one of his earlier ones.. try practicing that.
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down