Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So can anyone actually play YYZ by Rush? Or is it just a myth?

+11
McSnuggles
Dmanlamius
Fuzzy
ThreeLetterSyndrom
danthewelshy
LB2HC
mts
Dropthelines585
Smaz
Drakon7
Wello
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So can anyone actually play YYZ by Rush?  Or is it just a myth? - Page 2 Empty Re: So can anyone actually play YYZ by Rush? Or is it just a myth?

Post  Protoplm Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Quit smothering the poor girl with attention - it's not like she's a different species. I have alot of friends who are on vent with me and play Warcraft 3 with me, some of which happen to be females. If there's girls in a game like that, I'd damn hope there's bass players.

Welcome to the forum, as I've never seen you around.

On a related note:

O_O

I've never listened to the song as a bass player. I've made up my mind to learn it after I get done with Not Falling in another year or so. So give me about 6 years and I'll post a how-to for it Very Happy.. What did I just commit myself to.
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

So can anyone actually play YYZ by Rush?  Or is it just a myth? - Page 2 Empty Re: So can anyone actually play YYZ by Rush? Or is it just a myth?

Post  Wello Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:11 pm

I shouldn't have said anything. Suspect

Edit: Thanks Protoplm, and by the way, I'll be waiting for that how-to. Very Happy
Wello
Wello

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Protoplm wrote: I'd damn hope there's bass players.

Oh there is. This lady is pure funky, seen a few of her other videos and she ain't half good.

http://www.myspace.com/girlonbass

Good album she done to
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:16 pm

I love it when people find out somene's a girl/woman over the internet, everyone goes crazy, like there's a testosterone gland in their PC that takes over...

I'd love to learn this song, but it's a bit above my level at the moment. It's very possible for anyone to play, regardless of skill. You just have to give it the same treatment as anything else you want to learn - take your time, start off slow, bit by bit & work on it. Smile
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:25 pm

TBH, I dont really care what gender she is.

I just like making a big deal of everything

which Im sure by now, youve all noticed =P
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:09 am

Drakon7 wrote:TBH, I dont really care what gender she is.

I just like making a big deal of everything

which Im sure by now, youve all noticed =P

naww... well maybe a little Very Happy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:10 am

I have no testosterone, I'm married. Welcome, female.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:45 am

Meh, its to make up for the generic boring person I am =P

And DTL, I know the feeling!!
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 am

Ha! Well, i'd like to inform you guys that there are at least 15 she's on this site, as far as I know of....
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:17 pm

Regulars?
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:12 pm

You mean 15 she's or 15 40-year-old-men-pretending-to-be-she's

This IS the internet
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:50 am

Drakon7 wrote:You mean 15 she's or 15 40-year-old-men-pretending-to-be-she's

This IS the internet
G.I.R.L. --> Guy In Real Life

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  lokki Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:43 pm

What was this thread about again?

I kind of lost track...

And yeah, I just see everyone as equal even though i drop bad jokes on occasion.

As for the song. It's just.... No, i will break finger and tear tendons at this.
lokki
lokki

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:58 pm

I got the intro and first verse down, then lost interest after that (happens a lot when I try learn songs). Doubt I could play it now, it was a about 3 years ago when I learned that much. Might give it ago again at some point.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2