Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finger practise

3 posters

Go down

finger practise Empty finger practise

Post  androssie Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:00 pm

hey guys here i m again with another question Embarassed
in the lesson micheal jackson "beat it" on dman's site
he makes a jump from the 6 fret on the a string to the ninth fret on the a string with out really losing his finger of the 6fret
i think thats quite a jump, and i m not able to do that (yet)
so my question is the any off bass practise for playing those kid of frets?
maby any practise with the bass?
i tried scales , and they only give me a bit of speed

thanks anyway
Androssie
androssie
androssie

Back to top Go down

finger practise Empty Re: finger practise

Post  WNx3fed Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:17 pm

erm only thing i can think of is doing scales but while doing them try to keep ur fretting hand so u have 1 finger on each fret, do it high up on the fret board round like the 10th fret, and just have ur fingers naturally sit there and do scales like that ... Very Happy sorry if its a bit brief, i cant think of anything LOL!
WNx3fed
WNx3fed

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:35 pm

In the video, he frets the 6th with his index and the 9th with his ring finger. That's why it can be quite the stretch for small hands, you can very easily just use your pinky instead. He just uses his ring finger to have a better hand position for the following notes.

But anyways, you just need to train your hand for these stretches, which just comes with hours of practicing. Try and use more fingers (I know when i first started I only wanted to use my index and middle). It's going to be hard to use your pinky if you don't, but all that means is if you play slower, gradually building up speed (using your pinky of course), then your pinky will also get stronger. That's why everyone always suggests scales, use of all your fingers and can adjust to any speed!
Garth
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post  androssie Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 am

thanks guys Very Happy
androssie
androssie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content