Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What bass are you currently using?

+50
Tobias
Faceslide
Lassepetri
Protoplm
Vortex
david2545
Fatboy
Cliff em' all
Pastichio
mts
bryedw22
papathaddy
stickiler
Erix
agroupuk
Igastopheles
WNx3fed
danthewelshy
Kanie
Admin
LukeGingerKennett
Malastare
yogatron
ffox1994
TBGrunf
Zephyr
keizer
stefk0
McSnuggles
rhadamanthus
simon 'sloweye'
xXMaliceXx
SPANISHDAVEBASS
cr33p
Accy
general lee
Grinch
Redstarking
jjibon
Fuzzy
met@l
Guzco
Smaz
Drakon7
Iwbo
Nuck81
Pepper
HBMDave
Dmanlamius
SuperMaximo93
54 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Empty Re: What bass are you currently using?

Post  stefk0 Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:33 pm

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 DSC04402

My goody goody bass
stefk0
stefk0

Back to top Go down

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Empty Re: What bass are you currently using?

Post  Nuck81 Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:52 pm

McSnuggles wrote:I'm using some crappy Peavey I picked up really cheap with a broken down guitar amp that I had to fix before it would work. Razz I'm really broke so it looks like I'm stuck with the crappy sound for a while... on the plus side you can learn a ton from having to play on a really crappy bass.

I don't really believe in the concept of a "crappy" bass. Even some of the cheapest basses have their own personality.

You get out of music what you put into, and as long as you have something that functions you can make sounds that can't be replicated with even the most expensive of equipment.

Take what you, get the most out of it, and make it your own.
Nuck81
Nuck81

Back to top Go down

Post  stefk0 Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Nuck81 wrote:
McSnuggles wrote:I'm using some crappy Peavey I picked up really cheap with a broken down guitar amp that I had to fix before it would work. Razz I'm really broke so it looks like I'm stuck with the crappy sound for a while... on the plus side you can learn a ton from having to play on a really crappy bass.

I don't really believe in the concept of a "crappy" bass. Even some of the cheapest basses have their own personality.

You get out of music what you put into, and as long as you have something that functions you can make sounds that can't be replicated with even the most expensive of equipment.

Take what you, get the most out of it, and make it your own.

Although I'll agree with you, their's no cheap useless bass, every bass has it's own soul, even the ones at the 1 dollar shop. But then you've got an amp. Have the best bass ever, the crappiest amp, and you've pretty much got a sound that'll annoy anyone within a 5 miles radius. So, if you've got a crappy metallic sound, the amps prolly at fault.
stefk0
stefk0

Back to top Go down

Post  keizer Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 am

I have been playing now for 2 months and I am TOTALY ADDICTED. I cant put this thing down! It an Ibenez SR300 I traded my alto sax that I could never play for it and a Fender Rumble 25w amp (both new). It was the best trade I have ever made!
keizer
keizer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:59 am

Been playing for about 1 month now. Got a cheap Crescent 4 string bought for 60$. After playing it a week, and falling in love with the Bass, I bought an Ibanez SR305. Cant get enough of this thing.

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 SR305IPT
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  TBGrunf Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 am

Epiphone Thunderbird. This is my first bass. I started to play two months ago.

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 24663
TBGrunf
TBGrunf

Back to top Go down

Post  ffox1994 Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 am

rhadamanthus wrote:I got 2 I'm using right now a cirrus 5 string pictured bellow and a fender Jazz bass(mexico).
What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Bass1

I've got that excact same bass just with 4 strings, its my first bass.
ffox1994
ffox1994

Back to top Go down

Post  yogatron Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:06 pm

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Grind%20Bass

this is my Peavey Grind cost £20 can't fault it, just need to learn to play the blood thing tongue
yogatron
yogatron

Back to top Go down

Post  Grinch Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:16 pm

yogatron wrote:What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Grind%20Bass

this is my Peavey Grind cost £20 can't fault it, just need to learn to play the blood thing tongue

Surprised 20 quid!!! Bargain affraid
Grinch
Grinch

Back to top Go down

Post  Malastare Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:45 pm

I use a Vintage EST96, which is a knockoff of the classic stingray. Mine outwardly resembles our esteemed founder's lovely Musicman, but with a maple fretboard and significantly worse electronics.
Malastare
Malastare

Back to top Go down

Post  LukeGingerKennett Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm using an Ibanez soundgear atm, lovely bass. I've also got a knock off bass that my mate gave to me, i'm gonna fix it up into the greatestbass ever! cheers
LukeGingerKennett
LukeGingerKennett

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm

LukeGingerKennett wrote:I'm using an Ibanez soundgear atm, lovely bass. I've also got a knock off bass that my mate gave to me, i'm gonna fix it up into the greatestbass ever! cheers

Just don't ask me to solder anything!

geek
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LukeGingerKennett Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Admin wrote:
LukeGingerKennett wrote:I'm using an Ibanez soundgear atm, lovely bass. I've also got a knock off bass that my mate gave to me, i'm gonna fix it up into the greatestbass ever! cheers

Just don't ask me to solder anything!

geek
Don't worry dude I've got it all under control.
LukeGingerKennett
LukeGingerKennett

Back to top Go down

Post  yogatron Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:41 am

Grinch wrote:
yogatron wrote:

Surprised 20 quid!!! Bargain affraid

Tell me about it the guy I got it from needed to make way for this BC Rich beast it's a hardcore axe, I got an Ibanez aswell for the same price for my niece Smile
What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Preview
yogatron
yogatron

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanie Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:58 am

Ermm i have 3 but the one im currently using alot is Lucy, My legacy b60 acoustic
the other two are Gary barlow -- Which is a Kramer but no clue what model Bit poo
and a Dean Playmate acoustic
x
Minus the scratchplate ugly things aha
What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Ri9i7b
Kanie
Kanie

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:28 am

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Image044w

Fender Jazz (Mexican) - Really nice, just got it a few days ago so i haven't put it down
Fender Telecaster (Mexican) - My dads but i just keep it their so every now and again i have a bash. Really nice to play
Ibanez EDB 500 - At the back there, good bass just haven't touched it since i got the jazz :p
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  WNx3fed Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:10 pm

*tilts head* oh yeh i see Very Happy nice!
WNx3fed
WNx3fed

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:18 pm

WNx3fed wrote:*tilts head* oh yeh i see Very Happy nice!

I have no skill with a camera Embarassed

Turning your monitor on its side will help Laughing
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  WNx3fed Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:27 pm

I'l keep that in mind, thanks.
WNx3fed
WNx3fed

Back to top Go down

Post  Igastopheles Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:29 pm

I play an Ibanez Soundgear as well. Action is way too high, and I need to get that fixed. But besides that it's still my baby. Very Happy
Igastopheles
Igastopheles

Back to top Go down

Post  McSnuggles Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:31 pm

WNx3fed wrote:*tilts head* oh yeh i see Very Happy nice!

May I suggest ctrl+alt+right arrow. Works wonders for sideways pictures. Very Happy
McSnuggles
McSnuggles

Back to top Go down

Post  stefk0 Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:41 pm

ctrl alt right arrowing is for nerds. Real men tilt their heads.
stefk0
stefk0

Back to top Go down

Post  WNx3fed Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Real men have there computers upside down and also read using a mirror.
WNx3fed
WNx3fed

Back to top Go down

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Empty My stuff

Post  agroupuk Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:21 pm

I have a fair few bits so I will take the plunge and post my stash Smile

first up my starter rig I bought first (I no longer have the ashdown - its in a local shop for sale) I still use the Ibanez BTBLTD07 because I fitted a drop d to it.

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Hx3hjc

Next up is my Tanglewood TW55 acoustic bass. Just changed the strings to Tomastik Infeld Acousticores - which are fantastic!

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 2v808rm

I also have an older OLP 5 stringer which I cant get the hang of playing Sad 4 strings for me it seems - so this is for sale in the local shop too. Shame really as its a nice bass.

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Vpuvjn

Then we have my Custom Shop Epiphone Thunderbird in awesome gloss black. I adore this bass - no matter what others say about Thunderbirds it never has put me off playing as its a really really nice bass to rock with. Plus it just looks the part - and the tone suits the stuff I like.

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Jgk1l1

Last but far from least is my present rig and main bass.
Genz Benz Shuttle 3.10t combo with Hartke 15" extension cab. Zoom B2.1u foot pedal and Big Muff.
My Warwick Rockbass Corvette active which I bought not 3 months ago and just sliding into the pic my Ashdown Compression pedal.
I love this rig - sounds fruity Smile I can get pretty much and tone I want with the pedals now. Almost happy with it. And the GB is just an amazing bit of kit for its size and weight.

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 119cj9d

Anyway thats my lot (for now!)

Feel free to comment etc - I know I dont have the best bass's in the world or rig - but its what I have so there!

(please dont ridicule my tiny Ukulele's sat on the wall - they already feel somewhat lacking when hung with the bass's hehe)

And a quick random pic of wall hangers lol

What bass are you currently using? - Page 2 Es86xs

Cheers all

Edd
agroupuk
agroupuk

Back to top Go down

Post  stefk0 Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:39 pm

Edd, you got a guitar shop or is that just your living room? 50+ amps, 50+ guitars.. sweetness to the max.
stefk0
stefk0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next