Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lines every Bassist should be familiar with

+8
Kanie
LukeGingerKennett
karapuzz
stjimmee
cr33p
Grinch
Dmanlamius
Nuck81
12 posters

Go down

Lines every Bassist should be familiar with Empty Lines every Bassist should be familiar with

Post  Nuck81 Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:46 am

I'll start with the master himself Victor Wooten with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones Sinister Minister

Followed by the Blues Brothers with Can't turn you lose and the Peter Gunn Theme

what's next?

Stanley Clarke?? Marcus Miller??? Geddy Lee??? Flea??? Les Claypool???? Maybe our very own Dman himself??? Can;t Wait to see the amazing bass lines that show up here!!!
Nuck81
Nuck81

Back to top Go down

Lines every Bassist should be familiar with Empty Re: Lines every Bassist should be familiar with

Post  Dmanlamius Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 am

Rob Trujilo is a brilliant player. But he doesn't really get an opportunity to show his worth in Metallica (I don't think he cares with the amount he's being paid!).

I love his lines, because they are so original and odd.

Here is one of his best:

Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Lines every Bassist should be familiar with Empty Re: Lines every Bassist should be familiar with

Post  Grinch Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:04 am

John Entwistle....

Grinch
Grinch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:07 am

Ah, Entwistle what a legend! And that video there was from THAT performance! You know the one I mean... Laughing

There used to be a vid on youtube with just the bass taken from a live recording. The tightness of his playing was phenomenal. I can't find it now... Neutral
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  cr33p Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:02 pm

nice!
cr33p
cr33p

Back to top Go down

Post  stjimmee Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:19 pm

This the one you were talking about?

stjimmee
stjimmee

Back to top Go down

Post  karapuzz Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:30 am

For me one of the really great and maybe most influential bass players is also Matt Freeman from punk rock band Rancid.
His bass lines are very clever(if I can say so Smile) ) and original especially for punk rock. Very Happy
He is well known with his bass solos, but I like all his lines Smile. cheers
karapuzz
karapuzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuck81 Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Marcus Miller- Run for cover

Crossroads - Cream

Emphasized Bass
Nuck81
Nuck81

Back to top Go down

Post  LukeGingerKennett Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Dmanlamius wrote:Rob Trujilo is a brilliant player. But he doesn't really get an opportunity to show his worth in Metallica (I don't think he cares with the amount he's being paid!).

I love his lines, because they are so original and odd.
I wouldn't care if I had to play Jonas Brothers for the amount of money he earns!
LukeGingerKennett
LukeGingerKennett

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuck81 Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:04 pm

DAYUM!!!!! That Marcus Miller Chart is SMOKING HOT!!!
Nuck81
Nuck81

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanie Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:17 am

me and my bass guitar!! come on people
TBGrunf
TBGrunf

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Kanie wrote:me and my bass guitar!! come on people
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ybn1ytS4Y0E&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ybn1ytS4Y0E&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

not really a line as such because its all impro but three legends together is something people should see Clarke miller and wooten
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mrav_MSMjNs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mrav_MSMjNs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Love that tune!

Kanie, all you need to do is get the URL, and hit the little film icon next to the flash icon on this forum.

I decided to do away with HTML because it can attract evil virus's into forum like these...

Smile
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanie Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Dmanlamius wrote:Kanie, all you need to do is get the URL, and hit the little film icon next to the flash icon on this forum.

I decided to do away with HTML because it can attract evil virus's into forum like these...

Smile
Oh my days i screwed tht up aha. Cheers for the pointer lmao.
Me and my bass guitar

3 bass legends impo togther....class

Thts a lot more simple aswell lol
x
Kanie
Kanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Redstarking Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Those are awesome, I found something really cool, its victor wooten and his brother in a guitar/bass guitar speed battle.

And the creator of slap himself Larry Graham with a bass solo
Redstarking
Redstarking

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:50 am

Nice...
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down