Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a couple of questions

+12
maxf13
Nocturnal_Pulse
Cliff em' all
Pippynip
Stryfer
uglymutt
Fuzzy
BlackF89
akyra
Some freaky guy
SuperMaximo93
MrChuckieRock
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

a couple of questions - Page 2 Empty Re: a couple of questions

Post  akyra Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:20 pm

yeah....

I got mine out the local guitar shop for like a tenner..

It's a wee TGI-22 Chromatic tuner

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TGI-22-CHROMATIC-TUNER-NEW_W0QQitemZ120395006904QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item1c081a03b8

Its allllllllllllllllright... Does the job XD and is easy to use and you can stick it on your bass .... with great difficulty.. But its cheap and picks up the notes as they ring out Smile
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:12 pm

My first tuner costed somethin' like 5 euros and did it's job preety well.The tuner/metronome I use now,costed 21 euros I think.
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:24 pm

I use a Korg Pitchblack tuner. Cost me about £60 Razz But it's one awesome tuner Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:32 pm

akyra wrote:yeah....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TGI-22-CHROMATIC-TUNER-NEW_W0QQitemZ120395006904QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item1c081a03b8

Its allllllllllllllllright... Does the job XD and is easy to use and you can stick it on your bass .... with great difficulty.. But its cheap and picks up the notes as they ring out Smile

no ofence but is it a scotish thing to add the word "wee" infront of nouns?
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:53 pm

maxf13 wrote:
akyra wrote:yeah....

no ofence but is it a scotish thing to add the word "wee" infront of nouns?

Nah, I do it a wee bit too.

See what I did there?
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  FranR Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:31 pm

When I asked someone whether it was a 'scottish' thing they actually got offended and somehow made it feel it was prohibited to point out these things ... I've no idea, I was just curious.

So now I'm wondering whether or not it is a wrong thing to do? Am I on thin ice or what?
FranR
FranR

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Max yeah lots of scots do it. but it's not just scots that do it. for example I had a carribean (IDK what island) maths teacher that always said:

"Come 'ere wee/ young Ladde"

he either said wee or young.
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:44 pm

LoL

I always do it... Sorry ^^ Like.. that wee big guy xD and geez a wee shot...

I'd say it was a scottish thing.... but thats cause I hear it alot and I'm from scottyland.... but I'm sure other peoples will do it too....
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:15 am

Back to the tuner...
Mine shows me exactly what note the string is tuned to. It's like a digital scale. A Korn tuner. I pluck a string and it shows me how far off I am on the scale, while on the bottom row it shows which note I'm playing. Yours might do the same thing.
It's like this:
If we take the E string, and we try and tune it down to D, the first time we pluck it (if tuned correctly) it'll mark it as E and go green. Now if we start turning it down it'll stay marked as E, but it'll go to (most likely) the left and turn red. If we resume detuning like that it'll eventually go past the E and into the D note area, but it'll start at the right in red. Detune it a little further and it'll hit green while being marked as D. There's a whole lot of space between an E and a D note.
That's the red area. It's the same note, only not perfectly tuned, and if you go past the red barrier you will enter the field of the next note. Think of a fretless bass. A fretted bass has ... well frets, which mark entire areas on the bass that have the same note at the same pitch. A fretless has exactly one spot where the note is green (if it's tuned to be green) and everything in between is the red area on the tuner.

Bottom line - if you detune it enough it may cross over into the next note area.

As for playing with a pick. If you train your fingers enough, or even use three, you will be just as fast as you would be with a pick (or faster if you use more fingers). If you are looking for that pick related sound, attacking the strings with you fingers, instead of regular clean plucks, will produce said effect.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:03 am

I've got the korg CA-30.
Just pluck a string and it tells you what note it is.. fairly idiot-proof Wink
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:43 am

http://www.janetdavismusic.com/sat100.html

i got that one, hardcore cheap and i find it works quite well.
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:33 am

Not sure which model is mine... But, I think that all tuners should have the ability to just show you what note you're plucking as well as how far you're off. It's just common sense to keep it so simple XD

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  FranR Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Mine is broken so I'll have to shop around for a good one. Korg is mentioned alot - might check them out.
FranR
FranR

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChuckieRock Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:59 pm

yeah i have a cheap tuner that came with the Ibanez starter pack and it works just fine if i wanna tune standard haha. i just gotta play around with it alittle more i guess.
MrChuckieRock
MrChuckieRock

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 pm

I have a yamaha tuner that displays beadgc and eadgbe and has a switch so you can select whether you need the bass or guitar setting and it shows flats and sharps - it does the job. what I really need is a metronome but I can't find any with a traditional sound they all have that bloody annoying bloop ¬_¬
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:11 pm

I just got two of these through the post, clip on tuner with built in metronome. Has tuning for Cello, Bass, Electric, Ukelele and does flats

[img]a couple of questions - Page 2 Image_10[/img]

I clipped this on to my laptop and tried it against an online tuner and its spot on.

They worked out to about £6.30 with the postage
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2