Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning bass?

+5
akyra
mothball
DubHertz
SuperMaximo93
Waters16
9 posters

Go down

Learning bass? Empty Learning bass?

Post  Waters16 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:17 am

Hey i'm not sure if this is the right place for a question like this but i'll post it here anyway Smile
Well i've been thinking about taking up bass and i want to know the opinion of people to see if this is a good idea...
I played clarinet for 3 years and i got bored with it really easily and in the end i gave up because i began to hate playing it,
is this likely to happen with an instrument like a bass?
please help Very Happy

Waters16

Back to top Go down

Learning bass? Empty Re: Learning bass?

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am

Hey, welcome to the forum Smile
Considering that this is a bass forum, we're very likely to say that taking up the bass is a good idea Wink So, yes, you should take up the bass! I don't think you'll get bored playing bass, one reason being that it is used in almost every genre of music, so you'll always be able to play the music you enjoy, unlike a clarinet, which you wouldn't normally see in metal, for instance Razz
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Waters16 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks for that supermaximo93,
It's very true about bass being in every genre,
but it leaves an opening for a hardcore clarinet musician Razz lol

Waters16

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:45 am

And you will look cool playing the bass - well a lot cooler looking than playing the clarinet. lol!
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  Waters16 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:47 am

haha no question XD

Waters16

Back to top Go down

Post  mothball Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 am

you must play-I promise, you will not be bored. You will get to spend the entire day in your bathrobe playing your bass-even if you totally suck! And, after a few days like this,all you will want to do is play yer bass- even if you totally suck! Then you will want to quit yer stupid job and all you will want to do is stay home(or go outside-which I highly recommend) and play yer bass-Well, at least, this has been my experience, and I think if you can handle all that-then you should consider taking up the bass...

mothball

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:36 am

mothball wrote:you must play-I promise, you will not be bored. You will get to spend the entire day in your bathrobe playing your bass-even if you totally suck!

I do this every night haha.

But yes !!! Get a bass and learn it.. It is actually so much fun!!
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:01 pm

It's also a great way to annoy your neighbours Very Happy
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Thats true...
Upstairs plays his annoying music till 5am so I play my bass from 8am onwards mwahahaha no long lies for him
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Learning bass? Empty Learning bass?

Post  willba Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:44 pm

I found myself in a similar situation with piano, I really enjoyed playing it when I moved house and got a different teacher, I began to dread the lessons. Sad

The teacher I had when I first took up piano was awesome, it showed that as long as you enjoy learning it no matter how bad you are, you can find it rewarding. And Dmans lessons made me really eager to carry on learning, and his solo vids made you want to improve.

Ive been playing for just over 7 months and I havent been totaly bored by it at all, due to the fact I can play along to my favourite songs really. Its a learning friendly instrument and you can pick it up and learn certain riffs very easily. Very Happy

JOIN US!
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:26 pm

All other instruments suck. Play bass if you do not want to be associated with suck. PLay naked whenever you get the chance, it will turn your girl on and you will get much play. Case closed.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Dropthelines585 wrote:All other instruments suck. Play bass if you do not want to be associated with suck. PLay naked whenever you get the chance, it will turn your girl on and you will get much play. Case closed.

All men take heed
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:02 pm

What DTL said is a proven fact...
Careful though, they get more vicious than tigers!

One of the reasons I don't get bored with a bass is because there are so many different ways of getting a good sound of it. It's not all just press and pluck...
It's probably the most versitale instrument today.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  zsquad Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:32 am

sounds like i'll have to play naked sometime haha
and i totally agree with stryfer. there are so many ways to play bass, you will never get bored. and dman's lessons are really helpful for beginners. i started playing in october and im loving my bass. ive watched pretty much all of dman's lessons (including some premium ones) and they help tremendously. i definitely recommend learning bass, from one beginner to another

zsquad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down