Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Rockbass Fortress

+8
akyra
uglymutt
Dropthelines585
maxf13
BlackF89
DaNinja
KrysH
DubHertz
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warwick Rockbass Fortress - Page 2 Empty Re: Warwick Rockbass Fortress

Post  akyra Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:42 pm

No I wouldnt like a man like that.. I'd just control him from the side lines.. make him beleive hes doing what he wants.. Wink
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:44 pm

ThreeLetterSyndrom wrote:Akyra, how would you like a man who always asked your permission for everything and keep on looking to you for guidance? Not very attractive, would it? In the end, no matter how autonomous a woman may be, the man will always be more the 'leader'. It's just nature.

(Sorry to derail the topic, but this is one of those things I can't NOT reply to)

Akyra's comment was in jest hence the Razz at the end, and, with respect, a contentious reply like yours is a sure way of getting this topic locked.

Shocked
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:45 pm

KrysH wrote:
ThreeLetterSyndrom wrote:Akyra, how would you like a man who always asked your permission for everything and keep on looking to you for guidance? Not very attractive, would it? In the end, no matter how autonomous a woman may be, the man will always be more the 'leader'. It's just nature.

(Sorry to derail the topic, but this is one of those things I can't NOT reply to)

Akyra's comment was in jest hence the Razz at the end, and, with respect, a contentious reply like yours is a sure way of getting this topic locked.

Shocked

Thank you XD
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:53 pm

akyra wrote:No I wouldnt like a man like that.. I'd just control him from the side lines.. make him beleive hes doing what he wants.. Wink

That's how they all do it. The give you the option and expect you to make the choice that they want you to.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:35 pm

and most of the time yous do Razz and if not... no sex... simple as that haha
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:37 pm

akyra wrote:and most of the time yous do Razz and if not... no sex... simple as that haha

And THERE, this forum is now rated 18+

D:
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:41 pm

akyra wrote:and most of the time yous do Razz and if not... no sex... simple as that haha

The one thing women never seem to realize, guys know you enjoy sex too.
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Aww.. Just a lesson for future haha..

Sorry young ones... Ill keep it clean.

*cough cough*

what I REALLY meant was no..... Bacon sammiches XD
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:42 pm

BlackF89 wrote:

Yeah but women do realise guys dont always think with the head on thier shoulders Razz
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:52 pm

akyra wrote:
BlackF89 wrote:

Yeah but women do realise guys dont always think with the head on thier shoulders Razz

Touche.
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:16 pm

sex? What's that?
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:40 am

There's a sex store in the city centre somewhere. It's a bit gloomy to be honest, the staff are unfriendly and robotic and the goods leave something to be desired.

oh wait that's CeX
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:45 am

Pippynip wrote:There's a sex store in the city centre somewhere. It's a bit gloomy to be honest, the staff are unfriendly and robotic and the goods leave something to be desired.

oh wait that's CeX

that's actually hilarious
my ex works at the cex in bristol
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:12 am

Then we'll get it somewhere else.

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 am

akyra wrote:
KrysH wrote:

Shocked

Thank you XD

You're very welcome M'Lady!

Pippynip wrote:There's a sex store in the city centre somewhere. It's a bit gloomy to be honest, the staff are unfriendly and robotic and the goods leave something to be desired.

oh wait that's CeX

Our local store is very good to be honest (ahem!) Embarassed

What's CeX tho??

Getting Back to the original topic lol, I must admit it's made me rethink my plan to invest in one of the new 2010 Rockbass series when they go on sale in this country - I believe there's going to be quite a price increase over the earlier models (not sure where I heard that - may have dreamt it). If that turns out to be the case then I will save my hard earned for a bit longer til I can afford a German produced Warwick.

Tis a damn shame that you've had such a bad experiance with yours!
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:21 am

ThreeLetterSyndrom wrote:
Then we'll get it somewhere else.

Ah the adventurousness of youth - I remember the days............

when I couldn't get it anywhere erk!

Shocked
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:51 am

Damn Thomann...now they want to charge me 30 Euros to return the item. So I have recived an unplayabke bass and lose 30 Euros in the process....this should be in the "Thats Bullshit" topic

And what is really getitng on my nerves is the fact that the bass looks beautiful, its just the right weight and balance and it sounds good. Mad
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Hell's Bells that's grim, I've just read the Thomann's Terms and Conditions section and the number of "get out" clauses in there is frightening. There's lots of references to German law in there that you would have to research to see what your exact rights are etc.

I know that many people have had great experiences buying from Thomann's but just reading that Terms and Conditions Statement has put me off buying ANYTHING from them. There's even a clause in there that says if you send anything back to them as part of their 30 day money-back guarantee that they may charge you for depreciation of the product when you send it back for your so-called Full Refund.

I would urge anyone thinking about purchasing a musical instrument from outside the UK (or your country of residence to FULLY study the terms and conditions of that vendor and your rights as a consumer in that country.

Back to the problems with the guitar itself - I would personally send the instrument back regardless of the 30 euros fee - you might find that problems as pronouced as the ones you have described can't be rectified by your local luthier for less than 30 euros.

I hope you get this sorted soon!
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:58 pm

In the past I have ordered from America - rondomusic, and twice from Germany - HK-Instruments.de

And both times I have been extremely pleased with what I got (especially my 7 string) - But this time I got stung, I guess 3 out of 4 aint bad lol. The funny thing is that when you order from Thoman they take two days before your order is dispatched proclaiming to inspect and setup the instrument before shipping (yeah right!).

MY problem has always been that most of the guitar shops dont stock many if any left handed basses so I always end up either buying form Ebay or some online store.

So to all the music shops out there...............

GET SOME LEFT HANDED BASSES IN YOUR SHOPS AND WE WILL BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:06 pm

CeX = computer exchange
buys and sells computer parts, games consols, games, controlers etc etc

also

yeah that with thorman is bullshit
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:18 pm

THe plot thickens.....yesterday the bank called to say they have put my credit card on hold due to the Thomann transaction. Got it sorted now but I am still waiting for THomann to get UPS to come and pick up the parcel.

I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK DAMN IT!!!!!!!
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:05 pm

When you say "The plot thickens..." are you referring to Kill Bill? Cause I love that movie, let alone Quentin Tarantino movies.

On topic, that's wild that the bank put your credit card on hold cause of that, glad you got it worked out.

After this experience with Thomann... think you'll go through their services again?
Garth
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Nah I wasnt reffering to Kill Bill...i havnt watched a movie in about 8 years....my attention span doesnt go much beyond 10 minutes where movies are concerned.

Errrr....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use THomann again
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:32 pm

"The plot thickens" is a stock phrase.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:44 pm

Finally got my refund back today, well almost there seems to be a £16.64 difference between what I paid and the amount refunded....sent them an email and I am awaitng a response.

Well I wont be using Thomann again
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2