Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New bass

4 posters

Go down

New bass Empty New bass

Post  Bass Mon Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi guys I'm new to the forum
anyway I've been playing bass for about one year now and I think it's time for and upgrade.
Any suggestions?

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

New bass Empty Re: New bass

Post  Blackdragon Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 pm

In my opinion sexy comes in the form of 5 strings
As for brand, warwick is pretty sweet, i couldn't justify myself buying one yet, but i get the pleasure of playing my teachers when i go for lessons.
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Depends... What's the budget, what kind of music do you play, what bass have you got at the moment?

And whatever you do...

Make sure you head to a shop, and try it out first. Also try a couple of other ones in that kinda price range out, to really make sure you're making the right choice. I bought my Fender Jazz bass 3 years or so ago, and I'd happily have it as my only bass for the rest of my playing days Smile (although I'm a gear whore ^^)
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  McSnuggles Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Like Smaz said, head to a shop and just try a few out. Find one that has just has your name written on it, play it a bit, and see how it feels. Sometimes it seems like some bass most people think are amazing just doesn't sound how you want it to but others that are just average can feel amazing and sound amazing in your hands.
McSnuggles
McSnuggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Bass Mon Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:22 am

Smaz wrote:Depends... What's the budget, what kind of music do you play, what bass have you got at the moment?

And whatever you do...

Make sure you head to a shop, and try it out first. Also try a couple of other ones in that kinda price range out, to really make sure you're making the right choice. I bought my Fender Jazz bass 3 years or so ago, and I'd happily have it as my only bass for the rest of my playing days Smile (although I'm a gear whore ^^)

my budget is about 1,000 Canadian dollars and at the moment a stick with strings is an improvement

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bass Mon Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:35 am

As for my music style I tend to play (to the best of my ablilty) like geddy lee and cliff Burton deppending on the way I feel like playing but they are my two main influences

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down