Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A letter from a fanboy regarding gear.

4 posters

Go down

A letter from a fanboy regarding gear. Empty A letter from a fanboy regarding gear.

Post  Whiskey Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Hey Dman.
Just like to say thanks to start with, You have really helped me out way more than I expected from something internet based, I joined a band about a year ago, with only the bare minimums of bass playing under my belt, and desperate to catch up with my fellow musicians, I started practicing my arse off, and following your videos. You seriously gave me the booster I needed and got me up to scratch, and I still show off stuff that I learned in your videos for brownie points with my band-mates. Especially stuff like your mute-slapping rhythm techniques; they make me seem way better than I am. ^.^
So basically, fanboying aside, I need some advice, If you have the time to give it. My band has just started getting serious, with talk of record deals and albums, and my lead guitarist is insisting that I get some better gear. Currently I'm working on an old Roadie that I got off a friend, but it isn't really cutting it, so I was wondering If you could point me in the direction of a new amp that gives a good sound without totally breaking the bank.
I'm Also looking for a new bass, currenty saving for a Musicman, but my financial stability won't allow it just yet. :p
Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, mate.

tl;dr: Need some new gear that won't burn my wallet. Suggestions?
Whiskey
Whiskey

Back to top Go down

A letter from a fanboy regarding gear. Empty Re: A letter from a fanboy regarding gear.

Post  Blackdragon Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 am

I don't think that i can point you in the right direction for gear, because i'm still quite new to this myself. But some advise would be to check with H&R block(assuming you have one where you live) because there should(is where i live) be a way that you can make new amps and basses ect business expenses, this should help save some money. Just make sure you get the details in your local area so everything meets the right requirements.
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

A letter from a fanboy regarding gear. Empty Re: A letter from a fanboy regarding gear.

Post  Dropthelines585 Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:57 am

At this time I'd like to point you in the direction of the Gear Chat section. You'll likely find what you're looking for there.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:38 pm

Yea, definatly have a look at the gear section, as Drop says. I'll move this over.

Problem with recommending amps etc to people, is that we are all unique, and have our own tastes. The best thing to do is to go to a shop, where you can actually play through an amp yourself, to see if you like it.

I'm using a trace elliot right now, but I know that they aren't to everyones taste.

The gear section is great, because there are lots of people with lots of amps, that can give you an insight into their particular sound. Smile
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiskey Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Oh, thanks. Didn't see this section before, you guys know your stuff. I have a few things in mind, and I'm gonna head down to Denmark street tomorrow to try a couple out. Very Happy
Whiskey
Whiskey

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 pm

Ah, Denmark street! Where I brought my first ever bass Very Happy
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down