Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kia Ora Guys!

+4
Pippynip
Pastichio
SuperMaximo93
pianoman
8 posters

Go down

Kia Ora Guys! Empty Kia Ora Guys!

Post  pianoman Sun May 30, 2010 9:06 am

Hello all!
I thought, given the good nature I've picked up from this forum, I'd go so far as to introduce myself. So here goes!
My names Ben, I'm 16 and live in New Zealand (Whoop)
Music is a pretty big thing for me, when I was 10 I started getting curious about the old piano we had in the hallway and I'd sit there and teach myself incredibly basic songs by ear. My parents cottoned on and got me lessons and I just got addicted. I'd practice at least 6 hours a day learning classic music, from Chopin's fantasie impromptu to Beethoven's pathitique sonata. About two years ago I started experiencing this crazy pains in my wrists, so I went to physio. Tendinitis apparently, and I was meant to stop for about six months. That's not something i'm good at, but at the start of this year I couldn't lift a bottle of milk, so I finally took that advice.
The problem that arose was that I had 6 hours a day to spare. I bought myself the cheapest bass I could possibly find (a samick goodness knows what with extra feedback and fret buzz) and started playing. It's been 4 months now but I'm loving it HEAPS and it's not too difficult after piano, as I already have the dexterity.
I found these lessons the other day and they're sweet, so I thought I'd sign on up at the forum.
At the moment I'm paying off a washburn taurus T24. Part of being a student is my income is limited so it's nothing too exceptional, but heck, it will be next to the Samick!
I look forward to getting to know you all!
Cheers,
Ben

pianoman

Back to top Go down

Kia Ora Guys! Empty Re: Kia Ora Guys!

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sun May 30, 2010 10:45 am

Hey Ben!
I know how you feel about the tendinitis, I got it towards the end of last year. Luckily it was pretty mild so I only needed to rest for a month or two... But still very annoying!

Hope you have a good time on the forum Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sun May 30, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm not a doctor but if you have tendinitis should you be playing any instrument?

Welcome anyway hope you stick around.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Mon May 31, 2010 12:09 am

Pastichio wrote:I'm not a doctor but if you have tendinitis should you be playing any instrument?

Yeah, I wondered about that too. Perhaps you should take up gaming Very Happy

...Welcome anyway, hope you stick around Razz
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Mon May 31, 2010 1:17 am

hey bru! shag any sheep lately hahahaha
sorry im australian a had to! welcome to the forum mate =)
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Post  pianoman Mon May 31, 2010 5:32 am

Australian huh? I'll try not hold a grudge.... Haha though seeing as your descended from criminals I think that'll be difficult Razz Haha

pianoman

Back to top Go down

Post  pianoman Mon May 31, 2010 5:34 am

Pastichio wrote:I'm not a doctor but if you have tendinitis should you be playing any instrument?

I shouldn't... but then it's kinda like my addiction. All the best musicians go through it, and It's not something I'm prepared to give up, so to hell with it. I'll play until my fingers fall off

pianoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Mon May 31, 2010 10:16 am

pianoman wrote:

I shouldn't... but then it's kinda like my addiction. All the best musicians go through it, and It's not something I'm prepared to give up, so to hell with it. I'll play until my fingers fall off

just be careful mate, if your fingers do fall off then you wont be able to play anything and that would be worse than just resting for awhile. Your doc probably already told you but there are warm up exercises you can do before you start playing, they can help prevent this type of injury. But I do understand where you are coming from, I've injured the middle finger on my plucking hand and the nail is ready to fall off and it hurts to play but I can't help picking up my bass for at least 20 mins before it gets really sore. I'll have to wait till it heals properly before I do some serious playing.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:48 am

I haven't injured anything yet and I've only gotten one blister (I reckon another one's coming up though since I've been practicing slides). Either I'm really really lucky or I'm not playing enough Razz
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SyneRRR Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Dylan hergs wrote:hey bru! shag any sheep lately hahahaha

English are the same to the welsh! Though its all light hearted fun I guess
SyneRRR
SyneRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Yay Wales, tis me, you and Dan atm
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SyneRRR Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Well three is better than None, hopefully we will have a horde of welshmen storming... Dman's bass forum with awesome Lines!
SyneRRR
SyneRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:40 pm

thats what all the aussis thoguth when they joined
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:56 am

We should do a poll to see how many different nationalities and how many people from each nationality there are on the forum.
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SyneRRR Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:41 pm

That would actually be interesting! well, in my mind it is anyway.
SyneRRR
SyneRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:56 am

pianoman wrote:Australian huh? I'll try not hold a grudge.... Haha though seeing as your descended from criminals I think that'll be difficult Razz Haha
hahahaha good one Very Happy i better not say anymore or it'll probably get ungly lol
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:58 am

SyneRRR wrote:
Dylan hergs wrote:hey bru! shag any sheep lately hahahaha

English are the same to the welsh! Though its all light hearted fun I guess
haha really thats funny and yeah its all in good fun but some people do take it to far. and i agree about the nationality thing it would be interseting
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down