Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fretlessss

5 posters

Go down

Fretlessss Empty Fretlessss

Post  Drakon7 Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Well, as we all know, Im inactive on the forum due to my deep love for my new fretless.

But I find myself lacking in my writing ability.

My playing ability has increased a hell of alot. On both fretless and fretted, including slap/pop, tapping, fingerstyle (thumb included) and picking. Im getting better at double thumping, too. I can jam to myself for hours on end, but I can't seem to come up with anything thats solid, and well. Written. Especially on the fretless.

Any thoughts on this?

P.S for anyone who didn't know, I just finished having lessons with Jordan from Scale the Summit. Had about 9 of them before I had to stop.

Also, anyone have thoughts on this song?

Its a song my band is writing atm, the other guitar is in the background (guitarpro)

This guitarist recently got fired by me. He didnt fit or put in enough effort so we kicked him out, its obvious. But this is the only recorded material we have. Ill be happy to send the Guitar Pro tab to anyone who has thoughts on it and would like a closer look.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Fretlessss Empty Re: Fretlessss

Post  maxf13 Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:10 am

No thats completely evil
I want lessons with Jordan.

Im porbably worse at writing stuff then you are so I dont know really
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 am

I'm not a prog guy (you're doing acoustic prog right?), but maybe having a 'home' point in your songs might help. A chorus basically. Like maybe come back to the intro of the song in that video a couple of times or something throughout the song
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Bass Mon Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Smax is right. That could help give it more structure

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:15 am

maxf13 wrote:No thats completely evil
I want lessons with Jordan.

You still can, add him on facebook and you can get them. Really worth it, he is a great player and a great teacher and an all round great guy.

SuperMaximo93 wrote:I'm not a prog guy (you're doing acoustic prog right?), but maybe having a 'home' point in your songs might help. A chorus basically. Like maybe come back to the intro of the song in that video a couple of times or something throughout the song

Well. Its our own genre, anyways, the only real problem with it was that we didnt know where to go with it, we have that first 2.5 minutes down 100% with vocals and lyrics just needs to be longer. And we're trying to avoid a chorus in this song in general. =/ to get a more proggy feel.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:45 am

In a lot of my old jam band stuff, when the improve dulled a little or hit a big crescendo we would always go back to the "home riff". It's very helpful for a reference point.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:32 am

The guitarist I fired ended up chucking an emo bitch fit, blocked me on all forms of communication, deleted the facebook page and deleted the youtube videos.

I uploaded another of me playing, along to the tab. Tell me what you think.

Also, We've finished the song! I won't be uploading me playing it anytime soon, because we're going to properly record it soon!

Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum