Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smax's NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Vids included)

+4
DubHertz
Pippynip
maxf13
SuperMaximo93
8 posters

Go down

Smax's NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Vids included)  Empty Smax's NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Vids included)

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Got a Markbass Little Mark II basically Smile Will do a vid with proper high quality sound later

Smax's NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Vids included)  IMG_0821
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Smax's NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Vids included)  Empty Re: Smax's NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Vids included)

Post  maxf13 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 pm

aah jealousyyyyyy

how much did u pay for that cab?
not that i want a new cab but u no
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Smax's NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Vids included)  Empty Re: Smax's NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Vids included)

Post  maxf13 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 pm

aah jealousyyyyyy

how much did u pay for that cab?
not that i want a new cab but u no

also no offence but your voice sounds well different than i thought it would XD
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Amp was £300 (price new when it was in production was £550)
Cab was £190 (price new is £460)

Basically got a £1000 rig for under £500 XD

XD about voice, what did you think it would be like? Razz
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:51 pm

lol nice deal
i got a 377 rig for 277

i dont no how i was imagining your voice
just different, not that deep i supose
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Lol yeah, I think I posted a vid ages ago and someone commented that they thought my voice would be a lot higher Razz
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:57 pm

its like the difference between what i think my voice sounds like, and what my voice actually sounds like
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:02 pm

I don't know why, but the voice I had in mind for you was the younger afflicted fellow (15 years old, I think) in the documentary Tourettes: I Swear I Can't Help It. Instead you sound a bit like Noel Fielding Razz

I haven't watched the whole thing because either Youtube or Virgin Media are being right twats and making everything load slowly, but it definitely looks nice Razz
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:19 pm

Nice vid...very well demonstrated.

I want one
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Tidy darts! Got anything planned band wise to unleash these beasts then? Or are they there simply for when the time comes? Either way a worthy investment at a very good price. How much does the warick cab weigh?
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:30 pm

When I saw that the vid was 8:30 I just scrolled to the pics Razz

Looks pretty awesome though. The cab seems smaller than alot of others I see but maybe thats just me Very Happy
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Very nice. Well bought.
Just added a GK 115 cab to my rig, just need a halfway decent head to really get the full effect.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:59 pm

danthewelshy wrote:Tidy darts! Got anything planned band wise to unleash these beasts then? Or are they there simply for when the time comes? Either way a worthy investment at a very good price. How much does the warick cab weigh?
Nothing planned atm, I just want to get all the gear I wanted when I could. It's very futureproof too as it's extremely loud and very sturdy, Markbass are known for their reliability and Warwick is a good brand as you know. My band is hoping to start gigging later this year and I might also take the head to school for jazz band (and hopefully might be in big band too) as the head is so small. There's PA cabs there I can plug into that work alright, just gotta make sure I listen out for any clipping.

The cab is 39kg. All the weight is in the speakers so its actually surprisingly easy to carry if you hold the cab on your body (obviously it's not actually easy to carry but it seems a lot lighter than it looks). I carried it from my dining room, down the hallway, up my steep stairs, and into my bedroom myself. I'm planning to buy the 210 version to put in the loft (band space). Should be able to get one for around £150 used.

Before I bought this I was considering the TC Electronic Classic 450, Genz Benz Shuttle, and the Little Mark III. Even though the TC was small for a amp it wasn't that small, and was pretty heavy. Not ideal when I want to be able to carry it to school. It didn't sound that amazing either. The GB has a slightly rolled off low end (and I like my low end!!) and I wasn't too keen on the EQ. Even though the mid is sweepable I would have liked both a low mid and a high mid instead of just one mid. I haven't tried it but looking at comparisons between it and the LMII/III I think it wouldn't be for me. I was pleased with the LMIII I tried, ticked all the right boxes, maybe a teeny bit lacking in features (the TC had a tube sim and a compressor and the GB had a tube preamp and headphone out). Spotted the LMII sitting in the corner of Andertons music shop and went ahead and ordered it a few days later. There's little difference between the II and the III and as this was so well priced I thought I might as well buy it. Plus if I want to sell it I won't make a loss because used they go for £350-400 anyway

It's a very transparent amp, the true tone of your bass comes through. My Fender Jazz sounds excellent, but my Ibanez sounded a bit naff in comparison. I really want to get a Stingray or a Warwick or something (going to keep my Jazz obviously), as I know that each bass I have will have their own distinct sound coming through, rather than they all sounding a bit similar because of heavy colouring. If you trust that your bass has a good core tone, then I would definitely recommend this amp

/essay Razz
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Shocked thats a big post, that im too lazy to read right now but i think i might make a video for my new amp, just a sound sample.
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down