Free Bass guitar lessons

Sixth Avenue Traffic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sixth Avenue Traffic

Post  akyra on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 am

Just thought I'd mention my new band Smile

I left The Scabby Queen a month or so ago and formed Sixth Avenue Traffic. I love playing in this band, it is so much fun, everyone gets on and they are all very good musicians!.

We have gigs booked in fantastic venues in Glasgow! So if you guys are somehow in Glasgow from now until Dec have a look when we're playing and come along.

You can check us out at http://www.sixthavenuetraffic.com - Most of the stuff on it musically is acoustic because we did an acoustic gig at the Cathouse last week but there is a live recording of us jamming ( which isn't great ). We will be getting more stuff up soon!!!!! So be patient Smile

Cheers guys x

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Avenue Traffic

Post  Stryfer on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Whoa! Now this sounds promising Smile
Gave a listen, seems great. Stick with it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Don't worry I am sticking with it Very Happy

The last band was just to get some experience and what not.. Now I love my new band.

Thanks dude Smile xxx

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:12 pm

An update of the band!! It's going GRRRRRRRREAT!!!

Love my boys Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Seems good! Though, the sound quality is low so I miss the impact of the distortion kicking in, as well as most of the bass parts XD

I have just one question... Why are you, as the only female member of the band, in the back?! Shocked
You should be up front with the singer seducing the males of the audiance XD I know it sounds like a joke, but there's actually some truth to this.
You know how girls tend to go all "ooooooo" over the singer of a band? Well, boys have even less control over their hormones.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 pm

This is true. My band had a female singer for the gig we played that was put on by our music college, but then we decided to do stuff outside of college; in essence, form a proper band. We decided to go in a much more punky direction, but unfortunately she can't really do punk, so we parted ways. When I mentioned this to some people who came to the gig, they seemed almost dejected - much more so than if the male singer had been the non-punky one Razz

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Stryfer wrote:Seems good! Though, the sound quality is low so I miss the impact of the distortion kicking in, as well as most of the bass parts XD

I have just one question... Why are you, as the only female member of the band, in the back?! Shocked
You should be up front with the singer seducing the males of the audiance XD I know it sounds like a joke, but there's actually some truth to this.
You know how girls tend to go all "ooooooo" over the singer of a band? Well, boys have even less control over their hormones.

I was only at the back because of the lay out of the stage.. Im usually at the front but garys pedals and him couldnt fit... I was right at the edge haha..

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Playin' on the edge Razz

That's three posts in this board in the last month...wow! Smile Bands are coming alive!

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Straight edge, from the sounds of it.

Also, I think I heard Sebulba laughing at the beginning.
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:13 am

Some freaky guy wrote:Straight edge, from the sounds of it.

Also, I think I heard Sebulba laughing at the beginning.

.......... Im not sure if this statement is good or bad

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Stryfer wrote:Seems good! Though, the sound quality is low so I miss the impact of the distortion kicking in, as well as most of the bass parts XD

Ah I don't buy that, her role is to provide bass work for the band not seduce the audience. It should be all about the music, not because the band has a hot bassist.
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Pastichio wrote:

Ah I don't buy that, her role is to provide bass work for the band not seduce the audience. It should be all about the music, not because the band has a hot bassist.

Thanks Pastichio Smile your totally right x

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:56 pm

akyra wrote:
Pastichio wrote:

Thanks Pastichio Smile your totally right x

No problem. All well and good if you were in some pop girl group where that type of thing is the norm, but you you aren't. Just because you are an attractive woman doesn't mean you should have any extra role in the band because of that.
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Yea, that's the way it SHOULD be... Like it or not, it's not the way it is. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Stryfer wrote:Yea, that's the way it SHOULD be... Like it or not, it's not the way it is. Crying or Very sad

Then why suggest that she should stand up front and seduce the audience if you think that way? Just because it happens to be the case with a lot of music where a female member is involved doesnt mean she has to follow that stereotype. Of course lads are going to eye up the female member of the band, thats what lads do, but she shouldnt have to feel she has to play that up because its the norm.
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:13 am

Never suggested she should play it up Smile Just that she should be up front and look pretty. Very Happy
That "seduce" wasn't literal Embarassed

Anyway, the reason is simple - it's like using a sword to battle someone wielding a gun because you consider guns cowardly. She's not the only female in a band out there so if they don't use it, someone else will.
Like I said, she need do nothing more than be noticeable Smile We have a female lead singer and, although she doesn't do much besides sing, she was VERY noticed by certain members of the audiance. That scored us a few extra positive comments after the performance.

It helps to keep the female memebers of the band up front - that's all I'm saying Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top