Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Ireland

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Ireland Empty Hello from Ireland

Post  Rayne Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Hello everyone. I’m Rain, from the West of Ireland. My avatar is me on my 50th birthday a few months ago, clutching my present; making me once again a bass player!

I played bass a little in my youth in a few bands, but mainly guitar. Over the years I have thought I would like to play a bass again, and now I am right back in the swing of things. My bass is an Ibanez Mikro. It weighs a mere 6lbs which suits me as I am female and short with small hands. I use a Roland Micro cube amp (Can you see a ‘small’ theme here?) I just play at home but get loads of fun out of it. I plug my mp3 player in and play along to songs, having worked out the notes in advance. My favourite song to play along to at the moment is the Danny Wilson song, ‘Mary’s Prayer.’

My favourite bassline is in a song called ‘Pullin Back the Reins’ by k.d. lang. I haven’t managed to work out the notes yet as it is quite subtle. I like my bass to sound bright, toppy, growly and edgy. I’m not the world’s best bass player but find playing so relaxing.

Well that’s all for now. I’m looking forward to being part of things here.

~Rain
Rayne
Rayne

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland

Post  Pippynip Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Mine weighs 11lbs... 4-hour practice sessions don't do my shoulder a world of good Razz

Welcome, welcome!
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum