Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Bass??

+28
killatrooper
Nate+gsr200
Wello
DudeWithABass
Pastichio
Dropthelines585
Cliff em' all
Igastopheles
Malastare
Drakon7
Dmanlamius
Lassepetri
general lee
stefk0
Guzco
WNx3fed
Redstarking
david2545
lokki
Faceslide
McSnuggles
Smaz
Protoplm
Flycutter
SuperMaximo93
mts
ThreeLetterSyndrom
Fuzzy
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why Bass?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Bass??

Post  WNx3fed Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:51 am

I like how all the stories end with watching Dmans lesson and how this has all helped everyone ... SO once again, THANKS DMAN! your videos are much appreciated. cheers
WNx3fed
WNx3fed

Back to top Go down

Why Bass?? - Page 3 Empty Why Bass??

Post  willba Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:06 am

Yeah thats cus Dman in the root of goodness in the world ^^
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Why Bass?? - Page 3 Empty Why Bass??

Post  blazed0wayz Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:06 pm

I use to listen to my brother play guitar and told him i wanted to learn to play but didnt like the sound of the guitar.. so he suggested i try out a bass and see if i liked it and if i did we could maybe start a band or just play together, so i went to the local music store and played around with a bass for about an hour then decided i was going to learn so here i am plucking strings (well trying).
blazed0wayz
blazed0wayz

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Well, I can honestly hardly remember. I remember hearing Rush for the first time, and I did not like them at all. At the time I was into softer classic rock like America and Disco actually... Then a couple months later I was browsing through my Dad's music, and popped in a CD that was all red with red dots on it ( it was Rush's Hold Your Fire Album ). I didn't mind it, and eventually it grew on me. Then I started liking all of Rush's stuff. At first I was inspired by Alex Lifesons guitar playing. Songs like Working man, Ghost of Chance, La Villa Strangiato really got me going. Then I really acquired an ear for music. Before I'd only really listen to the guitar/vocals. Once I listened beyond that I discovered Geddy Lee,and his mad bass playing. Then I started looking bass lines and covers up on youtube all the time. I had caught the " bass bug ". After watching Sean Andrews ( bassist of a prog metal band Redemption ), and many other amazing bassists...Flea,Geddy Lee, Wooten, Chris Squire, ect. I decided I really wanted to play bass. Then my next Christmas my parents were ever so loving enough to get me a Squire J Bass and Amp. I was extremely happy! However for the first two months or so I hardly touched the bass ( due to its fairly steep learning curve ). That is when Dman came in! I found him on Youtube and took off like a rocket! I'm in multiple bands now, and are working on songs like Swlabr ( A song by Cream, check it out its awesome ) and Get Up And Jump. Mainly thanks to Dman's lessons. He's the one that jump started my bassyness Razz
Rushfan30
Rushfan30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3