Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vid lesson?

2 posters

Go down

vid lesson? Empty vid lesson?

Post  bikerbrianpunk Thu May 14, 2009 9:07 pm

hi guys, any chance someone could help this newbie? really need to learn dream lover (misfits version) i know its easy but for some reason im struggling!! help please

bikerbrianpunk

Back to top Go down

vid lesson? Empty Re: vid lesson?

Post  quack Sat May 16, 2009 12:32 pm

What are you having trouble with? The bass line is VERY simple. Is it the quick notes in the intro? The Chorus? or is it the whole song? explain your problem a little more. If it can't be worked out by words I'll try and make a vid for you. Smile
quack
quack

Back to top Go down

vid lesson? Empty vid lesson?

Post  bikerbrianpunk Sat May 16, 2009 4:26 pm

ta mate, it just doesnt sound right straight after intro!! a simple bass line i just cant get my head around. am in punk band with 10 songs, but feel like a numpty struggling with this. thanks for reply Exclamation

bikerbrianpunk

Back to top Go down

Post  quack Sun May 17, 2009 7:02 am

Okay so the tab goes like this. From what you've told me your having trouble with the verse correct?

here is the verse tabbed out at ultimate guitar:

G|--------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------|
E|-88888888-875-55555555-578---|

Thats played twice and then the bridge. Is that what your having trouble with?

I found it easier to just keep strumming and slide your fingers. Heres what I mean:

E|-888888888\7\5555555555/7/8---|

So instead of doing quick little finger movements which is hard for begginers try and just slide down to the 5th fret while keeping the steady strumming pattern the song has. Then do the same going up too the 8th fret.

if that hasn't really cleared anything up or it's not what you wanted I'll make a video for you, please keep in mind I only have a digital camera so the quality may be a bit dodge. None the less I'll try my best good luck. Smile

- Quack (TheLampMan)
quack
quack

Back to top Go down

Post  bikerbrianpunk Sun May 17, 2009 7:03 pm

got it, cant understand why i struggled, probably a thicky moment Razz thanks for help!

bikerbrianpunk

Back to top Go down

Post  quack Mon May 18, 2009 6:17 am

No problems man Smile Glad I could help. Smile Keep on playing punk! it rocks. Very Happy

- quack (TheLampMan)
quack
quack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down