Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learn to play VERY simple bass riffs: White stripes: Seven nation army

+3
general lee
Fuzzy
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Learn to play VERY simple bass riffs: White stripes: Seven nation army Empty Learn to play VERY simple bass riffs: White stripes: Seven nation army

Post  Admin Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Learn to play VERY simple bass riffs: White stripes: Seven nation army Empty Re: Learn to play VERY simple bass riffs: White stripes: Seven nation army

Post  Fuzzy Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:02 am

thanks man
was watching the vid for this other day and was about to find the tab for it.. but couldnt be bothered
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Learn to play VERY simple bass riffs: White stripes: Seven nation army Empty Re: Learn to play VERY simple bass riffs: White stripes: Seven nation army

Post  general lee Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Cool riff! afro
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzae Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Sounds goooooooood
Dizzae
Dizzae

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:27 am

7th Nation Army is one of those songs that you learn in your first week or two of playing bass. I remember I couldnt play it properly cause I couldnt reach or move quick enough being new to an instrument and having small hands, so heres an easier tab for it

G-------0--------------
D--2--2---2-0----------
A-------------3--2-----
E----------------------

G-------0--------------
D--2--2---2-0---0------
A-------------3---3--2-
E----------------------

I can't stress enough though, that its silly to take the easy option out if youre trying to LEARN. But if you just want a bit of a confidence booster or just being able to say you can play it, then that makes it easier.

And to Dman : If you don't want this tab to be here cause it might obstruct peoples learning, just delete it. I dont mind =] For the reasons stated above =P
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:05 am

No man, it's cool! its exactly the same riff, but transposed, thats all... Very Happy

I see what you're saying concerning finger placement. Well done! Smile
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:18 am

Its pretty easy to transpose songs that use opens, 2s, 5s and 7s cause the 5s and 7s are just opens and 2s on the next string XD

But yeah, You wont learn any techniques or get better at playing when youre doing things like that. But its a good confidence booster to play something recognisable well.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:17 pm

The first way i learnt was 12-16-12-10-8-7 on the E string
Then was the drakon7's way
Then was 7-11-7-5-3-2 on the A string
And now i learnt it the dman's way! tongue
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down