Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing in the Name - RATM

3 posters

Go down

Killing in the Name - RATM Empty Killing in the Name - RATM

Post  mistawac Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:02 am

So I really want my first full song known (other than Seven Nation Army [ Thanks Dman]) to be this song. I've always liked this song a ton. I would prefer it be Sleep Now in the Fire, but that's just too damn fast for me. So I got these tabs: http://www.bassmasta.net/r/rage_against_the_machine/158386.html and don't know what the 'h' means. Can anyone clear that up? I can't really progress until I know what the h is for..
mistawac
mistawac

Back to top Go down

Killing in the Name - RATM Empty Re: Killing in the Name - RATM

Post  Fuzzy Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:11 am

"h" is for hammer ons
"p" is for pull offs

so for the first part you'd play the third fret on the A string and then hammer your finger onto the fifth fret.

Very Happy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  mistawac Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:12 am

I seeeeee...Thanks you sir. Now I'ma figure out how to tune it down er whatever I'm supposed to do..
mistawac
mistawac

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:08 am

That main riff, the 3,5,3,4,5 [cant be bothered writing it out fully Razz] is something I had struggled with, getting the speed/accuracy and all when I first started playing. Its an easy song once you get the patterns and such down. Ima be doing a cover for youtube of me and aguitarist playing that song Very Happy

It doesnt say on the tab, but it HAS to be in drop D. Which means instead of EADG, its DADG, you only change one string, its really obvious when you do that 000 666 000 666 part how important it is to tune it down, it sounds PERFECT when its dropped Smile
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down