Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bass Amp Recommendations

5 posters

Go down

Bass Amp Recommendations Empty Bass Amp Recommendations

Post  Pastichio Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:35 am

I want to get a decent but hopefully not too expensive bass amp. I would say my budget is around 600 euro. I want something loud enough to be heard over everybody else without it sounding crap cranked up, I will be using it for gigs in the future. My current amp is practice amp that is worth shit, I generally play through my studio monitors at home so having a decent bass amp has never been a priority until now. I used to play through a Fender Rumble 100 in college which was nice, a red light used to light up underneath when I played a note. So I'm leaning towards getting one of them. But any other suggestions?
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Bass Amp Recommendations Empty Re: Bass Amp Recommendations

Post  BlackF89 Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Why don't you buy like a £150 peavey amp and just use the pa system at gigs?
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:47 pm

because I want a decent loud amp to massage my ego and generally most small venue PA's are shite. But I'll probably use both anyway lol.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatgoogle Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:00 pm

600 euro, for that price you could get a lot if your willing to order. Tone is subjective here. Do you like a transparent sound or coloured, do you prefer the low end of 15's highs of 10's or inbetweens of 12's. Genre of music you play has bairly anything to do with it.

I also have owned the fender rumble 100/115 and honestly for what you can get the fender sucks hairy balls.

My first recommendation and one of my favs is the hartke lh500 345 to Ireland on thomann and a hartke vx 4x10, a toad of 600 euro but all in all a great setup. Theres other options ya. Go play aloud of amps with your bass. Are you near the redcow roundabout, i hear x-music is great, waltons has some ampeg, music maker trace elliot, ashdown, peavey, ebs and some others.

Also combo or stack.

Fatgoogle

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:51 pm

On the combo or stack thought, I prefer the stacks.

You can just get a really nice top, then get a cab with the amount of watts you want to blast out.

I have a Peavey Combo 300 Watt and it works fine for jamming, but when getting loud, kinda muds up.
Garth
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:54 am

The Hartke aluminum cone design is definitely worth considering.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down