Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between guitar and bass amp

5 posters

Go down

Difference between guitar and bass amp Empty Difference between guitar and bass amp

Post  willba Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Ive used the amps my friends use for guitar, and I was wondering is there any difference at all?
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Difference between guitar and bass amp Empty Re: Difference between guitar and bass amp

Post  BlackF89 Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Bass played through a guitar amp long term will fuck it up pretty bad ;o
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Difference between guitar and bass amp Empty Re: Difference between guitar and bass amp

Post  maxf13 Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:27 pm

yh
guitar amps are designed for a certain frquency range
if u decide to pump way lower frequencys through it than you are meant to, the speaker can start to disintegrate, and if the amp is realatively cheap the electronics might go BOOOM bom
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Difference between guitar and bass amp Empty Difference between guitar and bass amp

Post  willba Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:58 am

Okey dokey, wont be doing that. I googled the roland cube 15x and then i googled it with the word "bass" infront of it, and they looked the same had the same spec. and everything so i was just wondering
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:09 pm

Yeah basically the speaker cone of guitar amps aren't as strong as bass amps so will eventually get pretty damaged by the bass frequencies. Also they can fart out (literally makes your bass sound like farting Razz). The electronics will be fine though, no reason why they wouldn't be.
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:10 pm

That sounds pretty entertaining clown
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:29 pm

u would noit believe how simple it is to mess up the electronics.
only on cheap models tho. when i got my new bass i thought "i might as well use my old amp"
turned it on, cranked the bass, played it bit and now the amp is worthless
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:57 pm

Bass amps are designed for the thick, heavy low frequencies that us guys pump out. Guitarists thump out the high pitched, tinny sound that their toys make. Our amps are designed for us, their amps are designed for them Smile A guitar amp won't be designed to give the right sound from a bass, so your tone will suffer - along with the potential damage to the amp etc.
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down