Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backing tracks?

4 posters

Go down

Backing tracks? Empty Backing tracks?

Post  Pippynip Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:22 pm

I am in a bit of a pickle here... For my A-level music course, I'm supposed to record myself playing along to a backing track. Now I'm learning In The Black by Motorhead, it's an absolutely stellar song and I really want to do that one, but finding a good bass backing track of anything is difficult enough, let alone a Motorhead one.

How could I go about getting one? I've also considered doing Rock You Like A Hurricane and Smells Like Teen Spirit, but In The Black is the one I want to do most.

And before anyone asks, no I didn't discover the song on Brutal Legend, I haven't even got the game yet Very Happy
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Backing tracks? Empty Re: Backing tracks?

Post  Drakon7 Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:05 am

Firstly, its called Brooewtal legend Smile

Depending on how the quality is, you might want to do it against a Guitar Pro midi file, But if not, Im not sure, its very hard to find things like that, Big bands like Lamb of God bring out special CDs with each track seperate so you can mix it yourself, but I doubt Motorhead has one..

So I assume you want to play along to a version of In The Black with the bass edited out?

My advice would be to find a bass heavy part of the song, and mess with the EQ until you cant hear the bass, or as close as you can get.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:25 am

I should have mentioned, the teacher specifically said that none of us can do that.

Would calling the record company or something be of any use? Y'know, just call and say "yo guize i'mma a level student wanna do In Da Black by dem moty heds, d'you got any backin trax wif da base edittid owt dat i can use so i dont hav 2 do razorlight??????"
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:51 am

i sai nt 2 yous lolcat speek lul

Does she mean youre not allowed, or you lack the ability?

Cause I love proving teachers wrong.

It was a hobby of mine. still is but cause I do tertiary now its hard cause the teachers never set you up..
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:03 am

He means I'm not allowed. Anyone can mess about with an equaliser Smile

Actually I've thought of something I could do, I could do the guitar part and drum part myself on Logic Pro using a keyboard. I'm using a Guitar Pro thing to learn the bass anyway, I could just print off the tabs and bring them in couldn't I? Wonder if I'd get extra marks... Also I didn't understand a word of that last bit Embarassed

...darn smileys and their visibility in hidden messages
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:21 am

Tertiary Eductation means anything past Secondary, basically, anything after High School, including form of adult education etc

I like proving teachers wrong, Ive done it all my life.

But nowadays, the teachers never go
"You are wrong and I am right"

They just go

"Okay, Cool *continues*"
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:24 am

*facepalm* Yeah, I'm in tertiary education as well.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:07 am

Hmmm... Well, heres a few things you could try.

I know there is a master recording of Dani California circleing the web. I got it and you have all the instruments seperately recorded. You could just put them together.
Now I don't know if this is the style of music you would play, but I'm into metal too and I still enjoy playing Flea lines.

Also, you could try the .mogg files used in Guitar Hero or Rock Band. They can again be found...circleing the net Smile
The problem is that, I don't know if they are just equilizer edited songs or not.
The tracks that come with the game should have been modified with instruments being taken out and not just EQ-ed.
Give them a listen and see.

As for Motorhead, no idea where you could find that Neutral

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:32 pm

No bassist worth their salt dislikes RHCP Very Happy

Yeah I'll give the .mogg thing a go, there are probably a few songs from GH I could do. Wonder how I'd edit them...

Also I think GHWT and GH5 at least turned them back into EQ things after messing about with the masters, 'cause I remember being more than a little annoyed when I couldn't make Tokio Hotel shut up when playing their song on WT like I could with AFI on GH3 (I'd just have the guitar going, muting it entirely is boring).
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:49 am

There's always places like Musicroom.com that do a few backing tracks without the bass part if you want to (Gods forbid affraid ) part with your hard earned cash!

The guitar pro route is pretty cool tho - just mute the bass part.
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down