Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm in Love.

+3
SuperMaximo93
Rushfan30
Pastichio
7 posters

Go down

I'm in Love. Empty I'm in Love.

Post  Pastichio Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:32 pm

So I was in town the other day shopping for a new amp. When my eye spied the Ray 34 Sterling by Musicman. Of course I just had to try it and OMG I LOVE IT. There was none of that clumsy feeling of picking up a new bass you have never played before, it was actually easier to play than my own bass and she sounds amazing, so crunchy and nearly ran out of the shop with it. I've decided to by it, probably in the next few weeks, I deserve an early Christmas present and a new bass is long over due. cheers
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

I'm in Love. Empty Re: I'm in Love.

Post  Rushfan30 Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 pm

I've never played a musicman yet, but I bet there amazing! Are we gonna see pics/ videos of you rockin' out with it? Razz
Glad you found something you like.
Rushfan30
Rushfan30

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Now go try a Musicman. You'll love it even more Smile The 5 string I tried had the best neck I've ever played! The tone isn't ideal for my situation though, so I'm getting a Fender jazz first, but I will definitely be getting a Stingray 5 in the future Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Pastichio wrote:...When my eye spied the ... Musicman. Of course I just had to try it ...

SuperMaximo93 wrote:Now go try a Musicman...

makes lots of sense max Like a Star @ heaven

Oh BTW before max changes it they said this:

"...When my eye spied the ... Musicman. Of course I just had to try it ..." - Pastichio

"Now go try a Musicman..." - Max I (compared to max II)
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Spoon wrote:
Pastichio wrote:...When my eye spied the ... Musicman. Of course I just had to try it ...

SuperMaximo93 wrote:Now go try a Musicman...

makes lots of sense max Like a Star @ heaven

Oh BTW before max changes it they said this:

"...When my eye spied the Ray 34 Sterling by Musicman. Of course I just had to try it ..." - Pastichio

"Now go try a Musicman..." - Max I (compared to max II)

Fixed, nice try Razz
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:54 pm

ahh but it only says that in bold on your "quote" post. Razz
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:14 pm

SuperMaximo93 wrote:Now go try a Musicman. You'll love it even more Smile The 5 string I tried had the best neck I've ever played! The tone isn't ideal for my situation though, so I'm getting a Fender jazz first, but I will definitely be getting a Stingray 5 in the future Smile

A Stingray? Yea if I had the money for it I would but im not that fortunate. However, this bass is designed like the stingray, it was just made in Asia. From what I hear, its pretty close to an actual stingray just a lot cheaper. Its only going to cost me 750 euros, not thousands like the stingray.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Yeah, I've tried the Sterling version too. It wasn't as good as the real deal though... Still an excellent bass, go ahead and buy it Very Happy
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:18 pm

here's a demo vid of it.

when I get it I'll post pics and try get a vid.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:24 pm

SuperMaximo93 wrote:Yeah, I've tried the Sterling version too. It wasn't as good as the real deal though... Still an excellent bass, go ahead and buy it Very Happy

at a couple of grand it would have to be better. Im not going to try a stingray cause then I'll just want that, I'll be def getting this.

Im just wondering what colour. I'm leaning towards the maple.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:26 pm

so is sterling the Musicman equivalent of Squire?
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:28 pm

maxf13 wrote:so is sterling the Musicman equivalent of Squire?
Yeah. Except better cheers
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:38 pm

sweet
im a so possibly might be getting one of those XD
dunno
my GAS list for basses is quite long atm
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:44 pm

maxf13 wrote:my GAS list for basses is quite long atm
Same here. Get the bass that suits your needs first (thats what I'm doing anyway). I play rock, jazz, and I slap: Jazz bass for me first! Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:21 pm

a 2nd hand stingray/sterling is about as much (a tad more) as a brand new sterling by musicman - and its worth that extra bit. I went to the bass bash today from basschat in cardiff and played a musicman sterling - im hooked now a stringray sound with a jazz neck and it was stuipidly easy to play.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:23 pm

danthewelshy wrote:a 2nd hand stingray/sterling is about as much (a tad more) as a brand new sterling by musicman - and its worth that extra bit. I went to the bass bash today from basschat in cardiff and played a musicman sterling - im hooked now a stringray sound with a jazz neck and it was stuipidly easy to play.

yea it really is stupidly easy to play. When I was trying out amps I tried a fender and I haven't played on one in ages and the neck felt weird, when I picked up the sterling it was so easy to play my fingers just glided over the thing.

I know I could probably get a stingray second hand but I want this bass that I played in the shop, lol if that makes sense. Plus I know a stingray would probably sound better, but this bass sounds great as it is and I kind of like the idea of it being my own bass. My current bass was second hand and I want something new.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Pastichio wrote:
danthewelshy wrote:a 2nd hand stingray/sterling is about as much (a tad more) as a brand new sterling by musicman - and its worth that extra bit. I went to the bass bash today from basschat in cardiff and played a musicman sterling - im hooked now a stringray sound with a jazz neck and it was stuipidly easy to play.

yea it really is stupidly easy to play. When I was trying out amps I tried a fender and I haven't played on one in ages and the neck felt weird, when I picked up the sterling it was so easy to play my fingers just glided over the thing.

I know I could probably get a stingray second hand but I want this bass that I played in the shop, lol if that makes sense. Plus I know a stingray would probably sound better, but this bass sounds great as it is and I kind of like the idea of it being my own bass. My current bass was second hand and I want something new.

Thats fair enough mate. Is the one your getting the stringray or sterling equivalent?
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:12 am

danthewelshy wrote:
Pastichio wrote:

Thats fair enough mate. Is the one your getting the stringray or sterling equivalent?

its the sterling equivalent.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:03 am

yea a music man would be sweet, i would deffenetly get one
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:35 pm

gz on being a mod btw
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:20 pm

While I bought my P Bass today there was a Ray 34 Sterling by Musicman. God those things are good, played and sounded like a proper Ray. Playing and soundwise there was hardly any difference between them and a real one, the major difference for me is I can visually see the difference straight away. I was pleasently suprised by how they played Smile
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down