Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a suggestion - Email notifications

+2
Some freaky guy
akyra
6 posters

Go down

I have a suggestion - Email notifications Empty I have a suggestion - Email notifications

Post  akyra Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned before..

but I think when notifications are sent when someone replies to a post the email should contain what has been said... Cause get like ALOT but I hate having to click the link to check it out if I don't feel the need to answer XD

Just a thought.... :X
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

I have a suggestion - Email notifications Empty Re: I have a suggestion - Email notifications

Post  Some freaky guy Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 pm

That would require recoding of the forum-engine's source. No do.
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

I have a suggestion - Email notifications Empty Re: I have a suggestion - Email notifications

Post  akyra Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Ock...
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:35 pm

*erdy gerdy nerdy talky*
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:21 am

Some freaky guy wrote:*erdy gerdy nerdy talky*

He's the hurdy gurdy man..
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:29 am

Some freaky guy wrote:That would require recoding of the forum-engine's source. No do.
That goes like this:
*go to post notification, email function in the code*
$body += *MySQL code*;

That's all you need, bud.

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:51 am

Seems simple enough... XD
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:18 pm

I think that would be useful, but the only problem is that the forums are hosted for us by forumotion, and so we can't do anything other than create the sections, change a theme etc. To do that would mean we'd need to edit the email notification script - something that could easily be done, but not something we have access to Sad
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:00 pm

err... dint we used to get notifications or ti was possibility?

At least some point i did. AND i still get notification when someone posts on your youtube videos thread.
It is just annoying.
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:23 pm

When you make a post, there is a checkbox underneath in the options 'Notify me when a reply is posted'. Tick it to recieve emails, untick it so you don't.

If you still get emails, try going to Profile, and Watched threads or something and deleting any entries from there Smile
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down