Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About to learm.... Where to start??

+4
Drakon7
Pippynip
MetalJacob
GemL
8 posters

Go down

About to learm.... Where to start?? Empty About to learm.... Where to start??

Post  GemL Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi, I'm Gem
I joined because I want to learn bass, I was going to get lessons (one on one in person) but I cant really find anywhere nearby where I live so I've turned to online.
I used to play a bit of guitar (not very well) when i was young but never got lessons, I don't own a bass guitar yet, do you think I should go and buy one? I'm just a bit unsure about that, which one to get and to start off on.. any help would be appreciated, thanks Smile
GemL
GemL

Back to top Go down

About to learm.... Where to start?? Empty Re: About to learm.... Where to start??

Post  MetalJacob Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:10 am

Welcome!
To start off, don't get anything really pricey of course.

I would recommend something like these just to start off with:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-IJSB90-Electric-Bass-Jumpstart-Pack-516149-i1763434.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Edge-09-Bass-and-Amp-Pack-105178685-i1401242.gc

That way you get everything need to start practicing. Plus those are both decent quality brand names so you know it won't be total shit. Also, pawn shops aren't a bad idea, they usually have super cheap instruments but I don't know how easily you'd find a practice amp there.

Just a side note, I think 2 of our members here have that dean package, so they could tell you all about it.
Good luck!
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

About to learm.... Where to start?? Empty Re: About to learm.... Where to start??

Post  Pippynip Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:31 am

The Ibanez GSR200 is also a good first choice. Just make sure you get a starter pack with an amp and cable at the very least. Also make sure you get a tuner if it's not included.

I highly recommend going to a guitar store and trying some basses out for yourself though. Everyone's different and what may be a perfect choice for some could be a bad egg for others.

edit: Oh, and welcome! Very Happy
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  GemL Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 am

Thanks guys
The Ibanez GSR200 is sold at a local guitar shop so I may get that one, I'll go check it out when I can
Smile
GemL
GemL

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:52 am

GemL wrote:Hi, I'm Gem
I joined because I want to learn bass, I was going to get lessons (one on one in person) but I cant really find anywhere nearby where I live so I've turned to online.
I used to play a bit of guitar (not very well) when i was young but never got lessons, I don't own a bass guitar yet, do you think I should go and buy one? I'm just a bit unsure about that, which one to get and to start off on.. any help would be appreciated, thanks Smile

Woo! Australian!!

Even the same state as me. How awesome! Whatever you do, do NOT buy an Ashton. Dont do it! JUST DONT! D:

EDIT : Any of the Ibanez Soundgear series is awesome, wether its a SR GSR or anything. So thats where my recommendation lies.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Drakon7 wrote:
GemL wrote:Hi, I'm Gem

Woo! Australian!!

Even the same state as me. How awesome! Whatever you do, do NOT buy an Ashton. Dont do it! JUST DONT! D:

EDIT : Any of the Ibanez Soundgear series is awesome, wether its a SR GSR or anything. So thats where my recommendation lies.

+1
i have a soundgear and its awesome Smile
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Welcome, welcome!

As said before, the easiest and probably smartest thing to do is to get a starter pack like the ones mentioned before.

Good luck in finding a bass!
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:37 pm

i have the dean E09 its awesome
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  androssie Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 pm

hi and welcome ^^

well my first bass was: http://www.feedback.nl/basgitaren/squier/affinity-bass-pack
its very nice to start off with, you can use it for a very long time ^^
i like the other basses called above aswell, nothing wrong with those ^^
androssie
androssie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum