Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gah.....

2 posters

Go down

gah..... Empty gah.....

Post  DavidM96 Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:37 am

I want to learn some new songs but tabs just confuse me unless they are really simple, and im not at the point were i can learn alot by ear yet. Help? When i say tabs confuse me i mean like i get the notes but the timing is the hard part, i can never get it!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

gah..... Empty Re: gah.....

Post  willba Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:35 am

I know the pain, I find watching covers makes it much easier.
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:39 pm

yea same but the only covers of some of the funk stuff i like is from davidsinrocks and he does most of his stuff by ear, so it sounds different which throws me off. Also, i know i have the ability to play the song because if im just jamming on my bass i can play things much more complicated than the songs i want to learn. Its just learning other peoples work that drives me crazy.
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:12 pm

The same thing actually happened to me with DavidSinRocks with his cover of Incubus - Hilikus. Anyways I guess you just have to persevere, in the long run maybe you should brush up on reading sheet music, then if your that stuck you can work out the timings from the sheet music.
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm

great news, i listened to some covers and i decided that i dont care if the fills are wrong in charlie by rhcp (one of the songs i was trying to learn) so im just gonna play it and add my own little fills here and there, my own little twist, and i also learned right on time by rhcp

SWEET
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum