Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help With Bass Tabs for Superman's Dead By Our Lady Peace

2 posters

Go down

Need Help With Bass Tabs for Superman's Dead By Our Lady Peace Empty Need Help With Bass Tabs for Superman's Dead By Our Lady Peace

Post  MoonDoggie93 Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:03 am

I've found one tab for this song but it seems a little awkward to play, like my hand would be going up and down the neck far too often for the fills. If you look at the tab, you'll know what I'm talking about. The order of the tab is also pretty confusing for me. So I guess what I'm asking is if somebody could help me re-order the tab so it's easier to understand, and if it's not correct, to make changes.

Here is the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CBBtorFg2I&ob=av3e

Here are the tabs: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/o/our_lady_peace/supermans_dead_btab.htm

MoonDoggie93

Back to top Go down

Need Help With Bass Tabs for Superman's Dead By Our Lady Peace Empty Re: Need Help With Bass Tabs for Superman's Dead By Our Lady Peace

Post  Stryfer Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Well, I'd learn it that way just for the exercise Smile
If you want to make it more "natural" then here's a suggestion:
Notice how the other parts are played around the fourth and sixth frets?
Did you know that the 1st fret on the A is the same as the sixth on the E?
Also, the 1-3-3 on the D can be played as 6-8-8 on the A, or even 6 on the A and 3-3 on the D.

It's like this, the 5th fret of each string is the same note as an empty the string below it (the 5th fret on the E is an A, an empty A string is of course an A), then the 6th is the 1st fret on the string below (6th on the E is a A# and the 1st on A is also an A#), 7 is 2, 8 is 3 and so on.

Now try to adjust the fingering Smile

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Need Help With Bass Tabs for Superman's Dead By Our Lady Peace Empty Re: Need Help With Bass Tabs for Superman's Dead By Our Lady Peace

Post  MoonDoggie93 Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Stryfer wrote:Well, I'd learn it that way just for the exercise Smile
If you want to make it more "natural" then here's a suggestion:
Notice how the other parts are played around the fourth and sixth frets?
Did you know that the 1st fret on the A is the same as the sixth on the E?
Also, the 1-3-3 on the D can be played as 6-8-8 on the A, or even 6 on the A and 3-3 on the D.

It's like this, the 5th fret of each string is the same note as an empty the string below it (the 5th fret on the E is an A, an empty A string is of course an A), then the 6th is the 1st fret on the string below (6th on the E is a A# and the 1st on A is also an A#), 7 is 2, 8 is 3 and so on.

Now try to adjust the fingering Smile

I was so tired last night that I completely forgot about that :p
Thanks for the reminder!
I'm still confused about the tab's order for the song though; like the interlude part where the two following bars have a "1" and "2" on top and at the bottom of the tab with the "Subway" fill.

MoonDoggie93

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm

I suggest you use your ears for that one. I think that the bass parts sound different enough so that you can notice which part goes where Smile

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonDoggie93 Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Stryfer wrote:I suggest you use your ears for that one. I think that the bass parts sound different enough so that you can notice which part goes where Smile

I don't have much choice lol

MoonDoggie93

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonDoggie93 Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:09 am

MoonDoggie93 wrote:
Stryfer wrote:I suggest you use your ears for that one. I think that the bass parts sound different enough so that you can notice which part goes where Smile

I don't have much choice lol

I really don't have the patience for this. It's so frustrating!

MoonDoggie93

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Sadly, that video is unavailable in my country :S

I get the frustration, but it's a learning process. The first few are always really hard, but later on it gets easier Smile
At least you know which notes are played

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonDoggie93 Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:01 am

Stryfer wrote:Sadly, that video is unavailable in my country :S

I get the frustration, but it's a learning process. The first few are always really hard, but later on it gets easier Smile
At least you know which notes are played

Here's a bass cover that sounds right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBq0jZhRTxI

Can you see this video?

MoonDoggie93

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Ok, I don't mean to be rude, but you have a bass cover video, tabs and you still can't piece it together? Sounds a bit like you're not really trying, but in case I'm mistaken - here you go:

Verse 1
"No-a-hoohoo" x2
"Alone, alone, alone..."
Chorus
Verse 1, but from what I can tell it's a little varied. This may have confused you, but it's probably just an unlisted improv
"Alone, alone, alone..."
Chorus
"No-a-hoohoo" x4, not 3
Interlude "Why-ei-ei-e-yeah,yeah..."
Verse again from what I can tell, except later on he adds the subway and the improvs. For those, look through the outro. As individual fills they seem to correspond.

Hopefully, I got it right. I did this in about 10 mins, can't spare anymore time at the moment.
Hope it helps.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonDoggie93 Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Stryfer wrote:Ok, I don't mean to be rude, but you have a bass cover video, tabs and you still can't piece it together? Sounds a bit like you're not really trying, but in case I'm mistaken - here you go:

Verse 1
"No-a-hoohoo" x2
"Alone, alone, alone..."
Chorus
Verse 1, but from what I can tell it's a little varied. This may have confused you, but it's probably just an unlisted improv
"Alone, alone, alone..."
Chorus
"No-a-hoohoo" x4, not 3
Interlude "Why-ei-ei-e-yeah,yeah..."
Verse again from what I can tell, except later on he adds the subway and the improvs. For those, look through the outro. As individual fills they seem to correspond.

Hopefully, I got it right. I did this in about 10 mins, can't spare anymore time at the moment.
Hope it helps.

I know how it looks. I did tab out some parts of the song, but I've been working a lot lately so I haven't had time to finish. The song order really does help! Thanks a lot!

MoonDoggie93

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down