Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hollow Bodies

3 posters

Go down

Hollow Bodies Empty Hollow Bodies

Post  JSL Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:41 am

Hi,

Is anyone on here using a Hollow body bass? (Apart from Darius Wink).

I really like the warm fuzzy sound of the bass in bands like BRMC. I think the bassist uses an Epiphone Rivoli?

Hollow Bodies Brmc-2

Epiphone have come out with a re-issue Revoli II

Hollow Bodies Rivoli3-2

Anyone know if they are any good? Are there any better suggestions out there? Like possibly the Jack Cassidy model?

Hollow Bodies N_021512A12

Ibanez AGB200?

Hollow Bodies 46506_l

Also can anyone recommend pedals? I was thinking Russian Big Muff? Any suggestions very welcome!

Cheers,

J
JSL
JSL

Back to top Go down

Hollow Bodies Empty Re: Hollow Bodies

Post  lololiet Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:56 pm

I don't have one but I've heard a lot of good things about Jack Casady, both the bass and the player. From what I've heard they're really well-made and a good one to check out(though that AGB200 looks really quite lovely).
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Tue May 01, 2012 12:17 am

I do! I play an Ibanez AFB200f (FRETLESS, BABY!) and its really the best bass I have. Issue is, being a hollowbody fretless, it doesnt work with 90% of the genre's I play, and I lack the skill to do proper solo fretless stuff yet. As an Ibanez Advocate, I say go for the afb200, BUT. And I cant stress this enough, as far as Im aware, the fretted and fretless versions are completely different. So while I think, and everyone who has played mine thinks, that my baby is a thing of pure beauty and art and the perfect instrument in general, I cannot promise that you would feel the same about the fretted. Also, unfortunately, noone makes or sells the fretless version, which always confused me. Im lucky I got it, so rare I cant even find a picture of it on the internet!

EDIT: Sorry, the point of this post was that yes, theyre amazing, but theyre not particularly diverse instruments. Only good for the genre's that a hollowbody guitar would suit, really. Though with effects, anything is possible! But Im not one to use effects, nor am I one to justify a purchase with the logic that it would sound good with them, you should spend your money on something you would use.

P.S - Im always buying shit I dont use though, honestly. I have quite a few basses now, two I never use! Not counting my starter bass, though, the two are my 8 string hagstrom and my 4 string fretless cort. I really only use my 3 Ibanez's.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  JSL Tue May 01, 2012 10:34 am

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies! Smile

A fretless! Yikes! That scares the $*@% out of me! Laughing And an 8 string! Now thats just silly! Smile

What sort of music are you playing with the Hollowbody?

Think Im gonna have to head out on a mission to find stores with these basses in and have a little play :-)

Cheers,

J
JSL
JSL

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Tue May 01, 2012 10:26 pm

JSL wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies! Smile

A fretless! Yikes! That scares the $*@% out of me! Laughing And an 8 string! Now thats just silly! Smile

What sort of music are you playing with the Hollowbody?

Think Im gonna have to head out on a mission to find stores with these basses in and have a little play :-)

Cheers,

J

8 string as in 4 courses of two, that is!

And my fretless hollowbody only really works for acoustic stuff, folk stuff etc It works for walmer jazz but basically just doesnt have the ability to be agressive in any way. Its too pretty
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum