Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabs for the 4-chord songs?

2 posters

Go down

Tabs for the 4-chord songs? Empty Tabs for the 4-chord songs?

Post  Lennox Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:32 pm

hello.

first of all, sorry for my bad english.
i am learning bass for some months now, and learnbass.net is a really great help for me.
but i want to know if there are any tabs for the "four chord songs", seen on YT by e.g. the axis of awesome.

is it possible to translate those four chords, which are used by many famous songs, to the bass guitar? i know that you usually dont play chords on bass, but i learned the tabs for Dont stop believing by Journey, and its one of the songs in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I
would be nice to learn those tabs, and play many songs.

thanks for helping me, and i hope you can read my poor english ^^

greetings from Austria
Lennox aka Stefan/Steve

Lennox

Back to top Go down

Tabs for the 4-chord songs? Empty Re: Tabs for the 4-chord songs?

Post  Pippynip Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:32 pm

My German is rubbish (I know 'wilkommen', 'ja' and 'kartoffel' Very Happy), so there's no need to apologise Smile In any case, your English is better than most English people's English.

Anyway... it is and it isn't. I think most of the songs in the four chord song use the same chord progession, but because the songs are not in the same key, they don't use the same chords. The chord progression is I - V - VI - IV. I'll tab that out in C, using steady 8th notes.

Code:

G----------------------------------2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--------------------
D------------------5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-----------------3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3----
A--3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3----------------------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes the chords aren't used in that pattern either. For example, Stand By Me goes I - VI - IV - V.

So yes - it might take a little more work than you originally planned for, but if you just learn those four chords and put them in the right order for each song, a whole array of pop songs will be at your fingertips Very Happy
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down