Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New bass, which one? Help!

+5
Pastichio
ezekiel
BlackF89
SuperMaximo93
Los
9 posters

Go down

New bass, which one? Help! Empty New bass, which one? Help!

Post  Los Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Hello dudes and dudettes! I just have one problem, one that I think you people can help me with.
Here's the deal, I've been playing the bass for maybe 3½ years now and have solely been using a Ibanez GSR 100, which is highly considered a beginners bass. Now I do not feel new to this and I want to upgrade my bass to something new, something better. I want the bass to work all-around, that includes plucking, picking and maybe a little slapping & popping. Smile The price? Everything below $800 works fine. I believe there are some pearls out there in the "lower" price class. Which one would you recommend? Thanks!

Los

Back to top Go down

New bass, which one? Help! Empty Re: New bass, which one? Help!

Post  SuperMaximo93 Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:55 pm

If I were you I'd go out and try as many different basses as you can in your price range to find the bass you are most comfortable with. It'll be the worst feeling if you go and spend all that money on a new bass and find that you hate the feel of the neck or something like that
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Los Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Yeah, the things is that I want some suggestion on what kind of basses i should look for first, and then go through them and see which one fits. Smile

Los

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:09 pm

If I personally had that kind of moolah I'd be looking at a Fender Classic Series 50's P Bass
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  ezekiel Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:46 pm

If you like Ibanez you could try Ibanez BTB570FM...my bud has one and it plays nice

I think Lakland Skyline has something in that price range and Dr.Drunkenstein has one...not sure of his model

hope this helps

ezekiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Fender Jazz Mex, Sterling by Musicman RA34, Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass are what I would be interested in buying.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:21 pm

schecter makes a quality instrument. Scheter stilleto 5 string is only $699. A lot of people forget about Peavey, but they make fine basses, too. Peavey grind or fury is worth looking into.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Dropthelines585 wrote:schecter makes a quality instrument. Scheter stilleto 5 string is only $699. A lot of people forget about Peavey, but they make fine basses, too. Peavey grind or fury is worth looking into.
Isnt that was mr. Dan Briggs plays? =P

You should look at the other Ibanez's, too. The Soundgear basses are especially good

And you always must try out a warwick, they look horrible, but play amazing.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Los Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:30 am

Ah, thanks for the advice. What do you guys think of an Epiphone T-bird or an EB-3? Would any of those be somewhat of a good choice? I have heard good things about them. Smile
I also have the chance of scoring a MusicMan SUB4 for about $450, used of course. Would that be the obvious choice if that deal works out?

Los

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:47 pm

I've heard that Epiphone T-birds play very well, I'm after one myself... the only obvious issue with one is the neck dive
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:20 am

Here are some basses I've tried out and really liked.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-SR300-Bass-Guitar-517405-i1440401.gc

Then there is always the P bass or J Bass that sound and feel good
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Precision-Bass-105294763-i1434653.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Jazz-Bass-105178370-i1434654.gc

This is a brand that isn't really know yet, but I have this bass and its got a really nice tone and feel.

http://traditionguitars.com/bass/b100/b100.html

This bass is a beast if your into six string basses, there is a five string version as well.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-SR506-Soundgear-6-String-102577814-i1395030.gc

You could probably find cheaper prices than GC if you searched hard enough. I just used it because its the first site that came to mind Wink
Rushfan30
Rushfan30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down