Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

going outside

+3
Dmanlamius
SuperMaximo93
mothball
7 posters

Go down

going outside Empty going outside

Post  mothball Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:39 am

i would like to take my bass outside-i realise it not a good idea to go out in the rain, but will below zero temperatures hurt it?

mothball

Back to top Go down

going outside Empty Re: going outside

Post  SuperMaximo93 Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:06 am

No, not really, but the neck will bend according to the temperature so after you get it out you should let the neck settle first
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:59 pm

I take my bass out a lot. I take it off to play in fields etc, like the hippy I am.

I don't in the winter, though. It's too cold to play. Fingers hurt!

If you're going to take it out, make sure you get a case of some sort. And yes, if you come from the cold, and into the warm, let it sit in it's case for a while (about 20 mins) before you take it out. Same vice versa. You need to let the bass climatise (sp?)

The rest is common sense. Don't let it get wet in the rain. Don't use it as a sledge or umbrella. Don't feed it after midnight.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:21 pm

any tips on cases? I have this cheap nylon bag will that do
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Dmanlamius wrote:I take my bass out a lot. I take it off to play in fields etc, like the hippy I am.

I don't in the winter, though. It's too cold to play. Fingers hurt!

If you're going to take it out, make sure you get a case of some sort. And yes, if you come from the cold, and into the warm, let it sit in it's case for a while (about 20 mins) before you take it out. Same vice versa. You need to let the bass climatise (sp?)

The rest is common sense. Don't let it get wet in the rain. Don't use it as a sledge or umbrella. Don't feed it after midnight.

I lol'd

as for cases a decent hard case isnt too pricey from the likes of dawsons
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Yea, i'd recommend a hardcase, Spoon.

There are carry cases, and then there are cases that actually protect your bass.

Go for the hardcase Smile
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Any suggestions on good hardcases? Much needed when bringing the bass to/from school.
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

going outside Empty going outside

Post  mothball Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:00 am

thank you for the advice. Now with the most commonest of sense as my guide, and being sure to take my sledge hammer and umbrella along-i shall be heading outside. However, I think it not wise to do away with the after midnite feedings.
thanks

mothball

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:22 pm

No problem!

As for the hardcase....I think that any would be good to be honest. Any are better than none, anyhow. I don't know any hardcase makes to recommend...

As for the common sense thing. Wow, you'd be suprised. I've seen it all. Bass's being used as door stops. I saw two guys before a gig playing tennis with a bass and a guitar. There were loads of girls watching, going "ooo!" and "Aaarrr". This made these guys play a little harder, showing off. I knew it wouldn't end well.

It didn't. When the guy plugged his bass in, it didn't work. Well done, columbo.

I've seen people carry their Bass by the strings. I've seen them dig the headstock into the ground, whilst using the bass of the body to lean on...

I could go on.

Be nice to the Bass. It's your friend.

Very Happy
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:43 pm

People like that don't deserve basses. We should steal their basses and distribute them evenly between people who aren't, well... as much as I hate the word, douchebags.

just realised now I sound like a communist
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:57 pm

One thing I would say about hard cases is to make sure you get one that your bass will fit in properly. A mate of mine got one with his fretless and that was fine with that bass but others just rattle around in it, which of course could result in you damaging yo' stuff
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum