Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left hand finger speed

5 posters

Go down

Left hand finger speed Empty Left hand finger speed

Post  Hetfield67 Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:43 pm

Hi Dmanlamius and all. Can anyone give me any tips as to increase my left hand finger speed on the fret board or is it just a matter of practise as i seem to have come to a point where my speed doesn't seem to increase anymore? Thanks for all your time. Les

Hetfield67

Back to top Go down

Left hand finger speed Empty Re: Left hand finger speed

Post  BlackF89 Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:50 am

Practice man, that's all there is to it.
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:18 am

practice as said.
Try doing some excercises where you have to move that hand quickly as this should help build up the muscles and increase the speed of your left hand.
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:23 am

What I do is pick a song to learn that you feel is way out of your league. Learn it all slow and right. then speed up gradually. Always works. Don't rush though.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 am

Any songs with a lot of melody will help. Just learn them slow, real slow, and speed up gradually, REAL gradually. Most people think speeding up would be going like 3 times and upping the tempo by 10-15bpms. In truth, when it starts to get challanging, go through it at least 5 times and up the tempo by only 5 bpms or so. It may seem tedious, but it will help a lot!

Also, there is a certain point when your speed stops to improve dramaticly. It may improve a little over a long period of time, but that will be hardly noticeable. How long have you been playing and is there a particular song you find challenging?

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetfield67 Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Stryfer wrote:Any songs with a lot of melody will help. Just learn them slow, real slow, and speed up gradually, REAL gradually. Most people think speeding up would be going like 3 times and upping the tempo by 10-15bpms. In truth, when it starts to get challanging, go through it at least 5 times and up the tempo by only 5 bpms or so. It may seem tedious, but it will help a lot!

Also, there is a certain point when your speed stops to improve dramaticly. It may improve a little over a long period of time, but that will be hardly noticeable. How long have you been playing and is there a particular song you find challenging?

Thanks Stryfer. There isn't a song yet i'm having trouble with but it's been a long long time since i picked up a bass so i went right back to basics since christmas. I watch alot of u tube videos of guys playing fast flea bass lines and i'm trying to copy. I guess i'm just a little impatient right now so i'll take your advice on board and relax a little with it. Thanks again

Hetfield67

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetfield67 Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks Friend..I think you can read what i said to Stryfer below so the answer is the same to you. Impatients is my enemy so i'll take your advice on board. Thanks again for your time

Hetfield67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down