Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new internet radio station venture

+2
ThreeLetterSyndrom
newtunesradio
6 posters

Go down

new internet radio station venture Empty new internet radio station venture

Post  newtunesradio Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Hey there,

We're in the process of starting up a new internet radio station. Understanding that there are thousands of musicians out there who are yearning to be heard but have no resources to obtain air time on an AM or FM radio station or for that matter a traditional internet radio station, we thought it would be necessary to set up a site dedicated to playing uncopyrighted music from any artist wanting to get heard. Our #1 priority right now is to build a library of tunes in mp3 format, so we've been blogging everywhere. Once that is done, we'll build the website. Broadcasting software and streaming service are in place.If you could "pass the word" at your website, it would be greatly appreciated.
We can be reached at or you can send your mp3 files to Mail deleted - Dman.

Thanks,

Tim Pierce

newtunesradio

Back to top Go down

new internet radio station venture Empty Re: new internet radio station venture

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Sounds questionable to me. What happens if we send those mp3's? As they're uncopyrighted, they can easily be stolen and copyrighted by someone else.

Copyrighted music can be played with permission, I think, so why send uncopyrighted music?

(Finally, observing trolls pays off. I easily recognise dodgy things now! cheers )

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Yeah I was thinking about that earlier... Made me wonder..
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  newtunesradio Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:07 pm

ThreeLetterSyndrom wrote:Sounds questionable to me. What happens if we send those mp3's? As they're uncopyrighted, they can easily be stolen and copyrighted by someone else.

Copyrighted music can be played with permission, I think, so why send uncopyrighted music?

(Finally, observing trolls pays off. I easily recognise dodgy things now! cheers )

I appreciate your concern but we offer this: Your music can be "stolen" anywhere. At any club, event or gathering. If some thief should grab your idea and record, produce and make money on it, then we can provide the author of the music with the dated receipt of the email & mp3 file along with a "playlist history" proving that this music existed before the thief copyrighted the music himself. I understand that there is a level of fear in this area and we'll do everything in our power to protect the authors of the selections we broadcast. A text box will appear on our site informing the authors that we will provide evidence to protect them and at the same time warn theives of our ability to do so. I like the way you think. I hope you'll come to appreciate the fact that we're trying to promote those folks that have no resources to rely on to get their music out there. You ask : Why the uncopyrighted music? The answer is long and in 2 parts. #1 - I truely want to try something new while at the same time assist those needing exposure. I do definately expect to make money on this venture through advertising. #2 - Uncopyrighted music can not be charged a royalty fee by the RIAA or any other entity. If you've kept up on this issue you'd know that the powers with all of the control want to charge the same royalty fee to the little guy sitting in front of his computer as they do the multi-million dollar terrestrial radio stations. If the law/bill is passed, internet radio will suffer greatly and maybe not survive. Hope this expanation helps.

newtunesradio

Back to top Go down

Post  doofy2020 Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:55 pm

This sounds EXTREMLY risky to me, as i WORK for a genuine licensed internet radio station (www.radiowarrington.co.uk). What license do you have to play uncopyrighted and unsigned music? PRS? PPQ? MRP? if you dont have one of these and you play uncopyrighted or unsigned music, your word means nothing if our music does happen to get stolen, regardless of when you played it. Without a license a court of law would see you as a friend of the person who had their music stolen trying to be on their side, and the case will be thrown out in favor of the theif. i advise all who are going to consider sending in music to be VERY careful.

uncopyrighted music is not safe to send in to an unlicenced radio station, aerial or internet. If your music does get stolen, the radio station in question WILL NOT be able to say in a court of law that they had the music from you first. Sure, the radio can exist, and can exist for years, but without a license a court just wont listen to them.

Trust me, my station found out when we did the same thing 3 years ago. Now we have a license, so we can protect uncopyrighted music if we play it.

Whats more my station has alredy played some of mr. lamius's bands songs in the past. actually that was a few months back now, might have to go through our playlists and throw them on the air again.
doofy2020
doofy2020

Back to top Go down

Post  doofy2020 Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 pm

doofy2020 wrote:Whats more my station has alredy played some of mr. lamius's bands songs in the past. actually that was a few months back now, might have to go through our playlists and throw them on the air again.

just as a matter of curiosity, just logged onto the playlist and it was last june/july we played mr. lamius's songs, which included peter pan, legoland, back porch and portrait.
doofy2020
doofy2020

Back to top Go down

Post  newtunesradio Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:39 pm

doofy2020 wrote:This sounds EXTREMLY risky to me, as i WORK for a genuine licensed internet radio station (www.radiowarrington.co.uk). What license do you have to play uncopyrighted and unsigned music? PRS? PPQ? MRP? if you dont have one of these and you play uncopyrighted or unsigned music, your word means nothing if our music does happen to get stolen, regardless of when you played it. Without a license a court of law would see you as a friend of the person who had their music stolen trying to be on their side, and the case will be thrown out in favor of the theif. i advise all who are going to consider sending in music to be VERY careful.

uncopyrighted music is not safe to send in to an unlicenced radio station, aerial or internet. If your music does get stolen, the radio station in question WILL NOT be able to say in a court of law that they had the music from you first. Sure, the radio can exist, and can exist for years, but without a license a court just wont listen to them.

Trust me, my station found out when we did the same thing 3 years ago. Now we have a license, so we can protect uncopyrighted music if we play it.

Whats more my station has alredy played some of mr. lamius's bands songs in the past. actually that was a few months back now, might have to go through our playlists and throw them on the air again.

Thanks for all the input. I've learned something here. The best laid plans of mice and men, eh?

newtunesradio

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 am

If you acquire any of those licenses, I will gladly send you my music.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:25 am

newtunesradio wrote:
doofy2020 wrote:This sounds EXTREMLY risky to me, as i WORK for a genuine licensed internet radio station (www.radiowarrington.co.uk). What license do you have to play uncopyrighted and unsigned music? PRS? PPQ? MRP? if you dont have one of these and you play uncopyrighted or unsigned music, your word means nothing if our music does happen to get stolen, regardless of when you played it. Without a license a court of law would see you as a friend of the person who had their music stolen trying to be on their side, and the case will be thrown out in favor of the theif. i advise all who are going to consider sending in music to be VERY careful.

Thanks for all the input. I've learned something here. The best laid plans of mice and men, eh?

Yup, indeed. If you'd come to me first, before posting on the forum, I could have echo's what Mr doofy had said there.

Tis locked.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down