Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trivium Tour review

3 posters

Go down

Trivium Tour review Empty Trivium Tour review

Post  doofy2020 Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:53 am

anyone who read my earlier post will know ive been to see trivium tonite!!!! YEAH! anyway after ignoring all my injuries from the moshpits and circle pits i thought i may as well tell you what i thought of it.

first support act was CRUD. some band ive never heard of called rise to remain. They start out ok, until the bassist decided to become the vocalist without a microphone and seemed to forget about his bass altogether. Band without a focused bass player did not go down well, and they were boo'd off stage 15 minutes into their set which im pretty sure was due to this bassist guy. And the vocalist not singing much. And all THREE guitar players playing what sounded like they were playing one note over and over as fast as they could and throwing a bendy in every once in a while. sorry if i have offended any of their fans here, but then again how could you be a fan unless their recorded stuff sounds half decent.

Next up were a hardcore screamo band called whitecastle. again, one i have never heard of. and again, personal opinions here, were CRUD. every song they did sounded the same. dududud on the guitars and bass and RAWR on the vocals. To me, a good screamo band is one where the vocalist screams the words but you can actually UNDERSTAND what their screaming.

Then came Chimera. All i can say here is that i didnt watch the band play - i was to busy thrashing in the moshpits. sounded good though, and after two crud bands chimera were a breath of fresh air. Finaly a band that screamed understandable words as well as singing, and fast paced guitar work mixed in with melodic riffs that made you want to move.

Main event, trivium. all i can say is they were awesome. Especially when matt heafy did his solo half way through 'into the mouth of hell we march'. Was a little dissapointed, as the bands bassist paolo wasnt playing tonight, it was some other dude. What sucks is the band didnt even say where paolo was, or wether he was OK. even without him, they managed to get one of the best circle pits ever goin through ascendancy. And matt was really good at rallying the audience up, making us sing most of dying in your arms before splitting us down the middle and starting a wall of death through 'shattering the skies above'. all i can say to this is ouch, front line in a wall of death hurts. i took a blow to the head and cant really remember much after that... anyway, overall this was a very good concert.
doofy2020
doofy2020

Back to top Go down

Trivium Tour review Empty Re: Trivium Tour review

Post  akyra Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 am

I feeel this should be in general music banter..

sounds like a good night though, Smile
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Trivium Tour review Empty Trivium Tour review

Post  willba Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:33 am

I havent listened to Trivium much, but Chimaira are awesome Very Happy
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down