Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking to the future

4 posters

Go down

Thinking to the future Empty Thinking to the future

Post  xXMaliceXx Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 am

I've been playing bass for what will be my 3rd year this year, Im between intermediate and advanced and at the end of 2011, I will need to play 15 minutes worth of solo material for my year 12 moderation, I know its really early to be thinking about this but i'd rather be over-prepared than under-prepared. Assume by the time I have to do this performance that I am advanced.

If you can, please list some ideas.
xXMaliceXx
xXMaliceXx

Back to top Go down

Thinking to the future Empty Re: Thinking to the future

Post  Stryfer Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:04 am

Solo material meaning your own lines, soloing to a song or just about anything?

If it's just about anything, I find I can do it if I just start and let my imagination run wild.

As for some more general advice, experiment untill you find a line you can have fun with and just do variations on it. I find that if I play the same line long enough, I start to really feel it and can easily manipulate it without losing the primary groove. It's all about hearing it in your head and the playing around with it however you can while repeating the groove in your head as a backing track.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  xXMaliceXx Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:53 am

No not my own material, i mean suggestions about live performers doing an instrumental or something, like other peoples songs, im no good as a song writer
xXMaliceXx
xXMaliceXx

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:34 am

um at the end of year 11 you only have to play a piece of grade 3 standard perfect to get full marks so at the end of year 12 find out what grade standard it needs to be and just play it perfectly rather than playing a hard piece to look good and not playing it perfectly. Thats what I would do anyway.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 am

hes in australia though
might be different there
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:36 pm

maxf13 wrote:hes in australia though
might be different there

I imagine it would be the same principal though. Find out what grade they require you to play at to get full marks then play a Grade piece of that difficulty.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  xXMaliceXx Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:50 am

can you guys note down some grade 4 pieces? we dont have the same grading system but expected skill level should be roughly the same
xXMaliceXx
xXMaliceXx

Back to top Go down

Post  xXMaliceXx Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:59 am

i just searched on youtube some of the various grades, i think im around grade 8 lol
xXMaliceXx
xXMaliceXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down