Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When playing a chord...

3 posters

Go down

When playing a chord... Empty When playing a chord...

Post  MetalJacob Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 pm

do you really have to keep your fingers in the position of the chord? When I was playing Orion from Dman's video I naturally didn't.The first 3 notes I keep my hand in the chord shape,but then after that,when I play the A E A,I use my ring finger for the E and then when I have to play the B E B I usually just use my ring finger for all 3.When I play have a tendency to no matter what,take my finger off of the fret after I play the note unless I'm supposed to hold it,which is good for make notes not ring out.And When I play the last three notes,the E B E I don't keep my ring finger on the B after I play it,I just pick it up(and my pinky isn't even on there).So my questions is,does it matter if I keep my fingers in the position of the chord and held down?Or can I play it however I want as long as I know what the chord is?

Wish I had a video to show how I play it so y'all could help me out better.
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

When playing a chord... Empty Re: When playing a chord...

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 am

Well since you're playing an arpeggio (playing the notes of the chord one at a time), it's up to you. If you were strumming the chord like a guitar you'd obviously have to hold the shape, but in this case just do what sounds best for you. Many people like the sound of the notes blending together so that's why they keep holding the shape, but if you prefer the other way, that's fine Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 am

Aight cools
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:51 am

MetalJacob wrote:do you really have to keep your fingers in the position of the chord? When I was playing Orion from Dman's video I naturally didn't.The first 3 notes I keep my hand in the chord shape,but then after that,when I play the A E A,I use my ring finger for the E and then when I have to play the B E B I usually just use my ring finger for all 3.When I play have a tendency to no matter what,take my finger off of the fret after I play the note unless I'm supposed to hold it,which is good for make notes not ring out.And When I play the last three notes,the E B E I don't keep my ring finger on the B after I play it,I just pick it up(and my pinky isn't even on there).So my questions is,does it matter if I keep my fingers in the position of the chord and held down?Or can I play it however I want as long as I know what the chord is?

Wish I had a video to show how I play it so y'all could help me out better.

i do the same as you
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down