Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J-Rock

5 posters

Go down

J-Rock Empty J-Rock

Post  LTDMayhem Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 pm

OK so I am quite new here and had a little look through the forums, I feel this is a great place to put this topic. Basically J-rock is what has inspired me to pick up an instrument, for anyone who doesn't know, Its Japanese Rock however the term also covers what many would class as metal as well. It is very interesting to me, I know that a lot of us cannot understand any of the lyrics, however the music to me more than makes up for this, just wondered if anyone else here was a fan Smile anyway if this is your first delving into the genre, here are some bands to get you started Smile

Sex Machineguns - Tekken II Great band in my opinions, talented (I think?) and the bass player is who inspired me to pick up bass over anything else

Multiple bands here a song called X written by X (later became X japan) some would say these are the originators of japanese rock/metal.

Fairy Fore - Vivid, have to add this, if anyone is a fan of anime it's the track that was used at the end of Final Fantasy Unlimited episodes, it was my launcher into the genre in general

Lastly, Psycho le Cemu - Murderer Death Kill, one of my favourite bands and I really enjoy the song there is a 6 minute long version taken from their last gig in which all bar the drummer take turns to sing the chorus, epic stuff

Well I think I have ranted/linked enough, just thought I would say hi, and how I got here Smile thanks for your time if you have read all my ramblings!

Martin

LTDMayhem

Back to top Go down

J-Rock Empty Re: J-Rock

Post  lololiet Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:53 pm

I'm not really into that whole J-Rock thingy, Japan has had it's share of good punk bands though.
The Stalin
Friction
Mirrors
Par Example,though maybe not the best sound quality or their best songs.
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:08 am

I'm not really into J-rock either, but I do like what Lololiet posted. Punk rocks, whatever the language Very Happy
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:15 pm

I like Dir En Grey to an extent, but I'm not sure if they count.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Dir En Grey is great also i love The Pillows
mts
mts

Back to top Go down