Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tweaks and new pick ups?

3 posters

Go down

tweaks and new pick ups? Empty tweaks and new pick ups?

Post  CitizenSnips Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:17 pm

hey guys was wondering if anyone has had any experience with using different pick ups i currently have a epiphone thunderbird pro-IV, and i play in drop a, and was curious if anyone has any ideas if theres any other pick ups out there that might suit the tuning better, we generally play music similar to hatebreed etc if that would make any difference? thanks for any advice guys and gals Very Happy
CitizenSnips
CitizenSnips

Back to top Go down

tweaks and new pick ups? Empty Re: tweaks and new pick ups?

Post  Smaz Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 pm

I can't say anything about pickups etc., but what guage strings do you use? I believe thicker strings are more suited to drop tunings, with a few brands offering sets specifically aimed at that such as DR's DDT (drop down tuning) strings:

http://www.drstrings.com/catalog/ddt-electric-strings
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 am

Looks like you linked to the guitar strings. But yeah, I use the DR drop tuning ones on my bass (.135 B) and they don't work as well as you'd think. Especially not for A. Or maybe that's just me wanting more tension than most.
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  CitizenSnips Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:51 pm

thanks for the feedback guys, ive currently got rotosound 5 string heavy set on my epi does growl though a amp and with the bass big muff pi pedal its awesome Smile might keep looking for other pick ups aswell but im happy with it atm Smile
CitizenSnips
CitizenSnips

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down