Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What EQ settings do you use?

4 posters

Go down

What EQ settings do you use? Empty What EQ settings do you use?

Post  bigtuna Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:48 pm

What EQ settings do you use?

bigtuna

Back to top Go down

What EQ settings do you use? Empty Re: What EQ settings do you use?

Post  Dmanlamius Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:51 pm

Well, as you have probably read by now, i personally tend to use all of em!

There are always different tones that apply to different musics, so I experiment a lot. Sometimes I need low down, mud. Sometimes I need a tinny high-end.

For dry slap and pop, I tend to have the bass just off the top, and the treble up. It's important you get the low-end in there, but you also need the "pang!" of the pop, so I need treble as well. Too much treble, and it sounds too tinny. Too much bass, and it's too muddy...

Just need that little bit of treble...

Chorus is always a nice add to bass. As is a little overdrive, if I need it. But this new Korg unit has got me experimenting like mad. So many options!
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:17 pm

Flat or increased lows and low mids usually. Increased lows and highs but flat or cut mids for slapping. Completely cut lows and mids for when I'm bothered to tune by ear using harmonics (waaay easier then using the 5th fret method IMO; I find it easier to hear the pulsing sound of untunedness (new word invented Razz) like that)
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:15 pm

It really depends on what style I'm playing. For the more reggaeish tunes I use high lows, flat mids. and low treble. for rock I use flat lows, high mids and treble. For my jazz and jam stuff I use high lows, low mids, and flat-high treble.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down