Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im following in the steps of Fuzzy!

+7
Fuzzy
Lassepetri
Protoplm
ArniVidar
brk32
Dmanlamius
Drakon7
11 posters

Go down

Im following in the steps of Fuzzy! Empty Im following in the steps of Fuzzy!

Post  Drakon7 Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:50 pm

My girlfriend finally squeezed out that she is getting me a bass for my birthday.

So we went down to pick one out to layby.

After playing a few [and for great justice, a few musicmans =P] I finaly hit the sr300.

Kicked the ass of all of them.

Its amazing. And its ironic cause I kept wanting to buy one off the net, just cause I thought theyd be cool.

So yeah. Im getting me a sr300. Iron Pewter, in a hard case, too. For $700, could have gotten it cheaper on the net, but we needed to layby it Razz

They havent taken it off the site yet. so here it is
http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=190778&cart_id=B928D56B-F9E3-A145-A3F1751A4B78A48A&category_code=all

I also bought some Scale The Summit Jazz III picks.. but thats just for great justice.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Im following in the steps of Fuzzy! Empty Re: Im following in the steps of Fuzzy!

Post  Dmanlamius Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:04 pm

The more I play this musicman, the more I like it's tone...
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Im following in the steps of Fuzzy! Empty Re: Im following in the steps of Fuzzy!

Post  brk32 Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:06 pm

Sweet axe! I'll be stuck with the fender squire jazz bass I have for up to two more years =/

I need a girlfriend who'll buy me a guitar Very Happy
brk32
brk32

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Shes good to me like that =D

Only problem is, I WANT IT NAOW.

But I cant have it till my birthday. Shes like my ****ing mother Sad

We're adults now, you think we'd be past the whole 'not till your birthday thing'.

Eh. She just likes seeing me squirm. >.<
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  ArniVidar Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 am

Drakon7 wrote:We're adults now, you think we'd be past the whole 'not till your birthday thing'.

Eh. She just likes seeing me squirm. >.<

You know what they say... anticipation heightens the pleasure Wink
ArniVidar
ArniVidar

Back to top Go down

Post  Protoplm Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:59 am

Iunno, I played a musicman and I think it was modified, because it had NO room for slap and pop.
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lassepetri Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:11 am

You're girlfriend is an inspiration to the girlfriends of all of us. Or so I'd wish.
Lassepetri
Lassepetri

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:32 am

Ahhh good choice mate, definitely worth every penny.
Wink
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 am

Great man,well done! cyclops
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:59 pm

That's awesome man. It really does look like a sick bass.

And yeah, the anticipation of getting the bass will be well worth it.
Garth
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:07 pm

What bass do you currently have?
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 am

I have an ashton, at the moment, anyone from australia will understand Razz

Ashtons are 'Australian made'. So theyre supposed to be good for the economy. You know what theyre good for? Making shit instruments Razz
Buzzes constantly on every fret now, only the one[pretty shitty] pickup. But hey, it was epic cheaps, it was like.. $400 for the guitar, amp, case etc.
Which is like... I dunno $200 american?
Well, not really cause the dollar went up, but thats what it would have been at the time, at least.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Lassepetri Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:17 am

Drakon7 wrote:I have an ashton, at the moment, anyone from australia will understand Razz

Ashtons are 'Australian made'. So theyre supposed to be good for the economy. You know what theyre good for? Making shit instruments Razz
Buzzes constantly on every fret now, only the one[pretty shitty] pickup. But hey, it was epic cheaps, it was like.. $400 for the guitar, amp, case etc.
Which is like... I dunno $200 american?
Well, not really cause the dollar went up, but thats what it would have been at the time, at least.

At least you did something for your country Cool
Lassepetri
Lassepetri

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Oooo i want one.

Heh i don't know how the price compares because i don't know where you are based, but if you are after a stingray/sterling look at the 2nd market as REAL ones go for good prices sometimes.

Though you can't go wrong with a jazz bass Very Happy
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:46 pm

danthewelshy wrote:

Oooo i want one.

Heh i don't know how the price compares because i don't know where you are based, but if you are after a stingray/sterling look at the 2nd market as REAL ones go for good prices sometimes.

Though you can't go wrong with a jazz bass Very Happy

thats why I'm torn, I want both lol. Think I'll probably end up going for the jazz bass, I've wanted one for a long time so I might regret not getting it. But I want to play the sterling first though, just to compare.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down