Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sore Hand

5 posters

Go down

Sore Hand Empty Sore Hand

Post  Pastichio Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:00 pm

The middle of my left hand is sore Sad. I think I over stretched the tendons, it starts to hurt while I play bass. I do my stretches before I practice but I must not be doing it enough. I think its best if I stop playing for the next few days so I don't do some permanent damage and see if it gets better. Its hard cause I want to pick it up and start playing. Plus I've just joined a band and now the pressure is on to start practicing more. Anyone had any experience with this kind of thing? I know Dman suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome at one point and couldn't play for awhile and that must have been very hard.

This couldn't have come at a worse time. Stupid hand
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Sore Hand Empty Re: Sore Hand

Post  Dropthelines585 Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:56 pm

I've never had that happen. But my guess is that it will clear up in a few days. Sucks that you can't play though.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:43 am

You could get it checked out to see if it's serious. Or you could do hand/finger/arm stretches to get the blood pumping in that area so it could heal quicker (I have no proof that it will though scratch )
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:26 am

Shoot,i was just thinking about opening this thread!I hurt between the pinky and 3rd finger.Probably overued it,and have to do some breaks.But seeing the bass standing is irresisteble! lol!
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Cliff em' all wrote:Shoot,i was just thinking about opening this thread!I hurt between the pinky and 3rd finger.Probably overued it,and have to do some breaks.But seeing the bass standing is irresisteble! lol!

Yea I know what you mean. Im sitting next to mine right now and Im itching to pick it up. I feel like an alcoholic passing a pub. My hand feels better today but its still sore so Im not going to try playing for a few days just to be sure.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatgoogle Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Well stop playing, if you think its bad, go see your doctor/ physio, small things like this could lead to you never playing again.

The best thing i found especially when im sitting down is to hold the bass like a classical guitar, have it supported up on one knee. Also do you read BGM, theyve been having some great articles on the Alexander technique, which ive started to use and can feel a small change.

afro afro afro

Fatgoogle

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Fatgoogle wrote:Well stop playing, if you think its bad, go see your doctor/ physio, small things like this could lead to you never playing again.

The best thing i found especially when im sitting down is to hold the bass like a classical guitar, have it supported up on one knee. Also do you read BGM, theyve been having some great articles on the Alexander technique, which ive started to use and can feel a small change.

afro afro afro

Yea thats actually how I play with my bass on one knee.

Pain is gone now, I gave it a lot of rest and everything is fine now. Thanks guys for responding.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down