Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan. Issue of Bass Guitar Magazine: Set up guide!

+13
BlackF89
slipknott62
Cliff em' all
uglymutt
Dylan hergs
Dropthelines585
Fuzzy
KrysH
danthewelshy
Some freaky guy
Dmanlamius
SuperMaximo93
Smaz
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jan. Issue of Bass Guitar Magazine: Set up guide! Empty Jan. Issue of Bass Guitar Magazine: Set up guide!

Post  Smaz Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:37 am

Just had a flick through the latest issue of Bass Guitar Magazine, and there's a guide on how to set your bass up - from truss rod & action to minor repairs. Definatley worth picking up, for those who want to know about it!

Oh, and they have a new Website of the Month section... This month, it was http://www.playbassnow.com by MarloweDK, a site I'm an admin at and have been following for 2 years or so now, and where Dman is a guest teacher cheers

Now, to get Dman's site on that page.... Smile
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Jan. Issue of Bass Guitar Magazine: Set up guide! Empty Re: Jan. Issue of Bass Guitar Magazine: Set up guide!

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:52 am

My issue still hasn't arrived... Sad The mag turned up late last month too... I thought subscribers are supposed to get the mag before the sale date, not a week after Neutral
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Jan. Issue of Bass Guitar Magazine: Set up guide! Empty Re: Jan. Issue of Bass Guitar Magazine: Set up guide!

Post  Dmanlamius Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 am

Oo! I'll have to get a copy! I have NO idea on how to set my bass up.

And yea man, i'd LOVE to get a mention in one of those magazines. I'd actually frame it, lol.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Is it possible to get this mag in Norway?
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Max can't be as bad as Play.com sending me the wrong item 10 days before christmas, me sending it back for them to send the correct one and now 2 days before xmas I still don't have it and can't get through to them on the phone. Oh well amazon next time Razz

I ordered some quality stereo headphones for my dad and instead they sent me Horrid Henrys voice changer - ITS A KIDS TOY!
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Woah, Dan, you win Razz You should demand a refund so you get the headphones for free cheers With any shop/service just make sure you seem really angry on the phone (when you get through to them...) and you get free stuff XD
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:38 pm

Got a copy of that yesterday - in fact - bought my new bass on sunday and have being running about joining everywhere, sites, forums etc lol.

The setup feature is excellent and I eagerly got my steel ruler out and started measuring up.

To find that my new Ibanez SR300M is setup perfectly - thanks to Ibanez and the guys at Dolphin Music in Liverpool.

So - yup, great article and Hi Folks! at the same time!
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Hey Krys, welcome Very Happy You should post in the 'Introduce yourself!' thread and tell us a bit more about yourself. Oh and please keep active, over 500 members registered with very few of them posting is a bit of a drag Neutral
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:15 pm

I shall certainly try Smile - and of course being a thicko I didn't spot the Intro's thread lol - ah well I put it down to me age ya know!
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:18 pm

Dmanlamius wrote:Oo! I'll have to get a copy! I have NO idea on how to set my bass up.

That was the first thing I learnt, before I even got my first bass.
Suspect
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Fuzzydice45 wrote:
Dmanlamius wrote:Oo! I'll have to get a copy! I have NO idea on how to set my bass up.

Suspect

I don't know how to do it either... O.o
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Fuzzydice45 wrote:

Suspect

Cool! First thing I learnt was how not to throw up on it when drinking too much at gigs!

Very Happy
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:10 am

Dmanlamius wrote:
Fuzzydice45 wrote:

Suspect

Cool! First thing I learnt was how not to throw up on it when drinking too much at gigs!

Very Happy

I just puke on the guitar player. lol! lol!
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:52 am

iv never seen a bass mag in crapy tassie =(
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:14 am

I've seen one once can't remember where i saw it though, lol.
Going to see if i can hunt it down at borders they should have it considering all the other magazines they have.
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:43 am

Dylan hergs wrote:iv never seen a bass mag in crapy tassie =(

Tasmania has literature?
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:29 am

Let's hope my local shop will have this issue.
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:33 am

Finally got my issue yesterday Very Happy
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:35 am

Fuzzydice45 wrote:
Dylan hergs wrote:iv never seen a bass mag in crapy tassie =(

Tasmania has literature?
hey man im not from tasmania we moved down here so i dont care what u say about them lol
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Jan. Issue of Bass Guitar Magazine: Set up guide! Empty i ONCE had a guy set up my bass...im sure it played well for him...i changed it to my own liking...i think there is no "perfect set-up"...just sayin...;)

Post  slipknott62 Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:09 pm

Smaz wrote:Just had a flick through the latest issue of Bass Guitar Magazine, and there's a guide on how to set your bass up - from truss rod & action to minor repairs. Definatley worth picking up, for those who want to know about it!

Oh, and they have a new Website of the Month section... This month, it was http://www.playbassnow.com by MarloweDK, a site I'm an admin at and have been following for 2 years or so now, and where Dman is a guest teacher cheers

Now, to get Dman's site on that page.... Smile
slipknott62
slipknott62

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:58 pm

Only just got this, the set up article was rather helpful, I never really knew how to fiddle with the truss rod safely. Plus the interview with SZ was win Surprised
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 pm

I hope Tesco sells it... Now Boarder has shut down I'm kinda loss when it comes to buying mag.. :'(
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:52 pm

lols did boarders have bass mags ???
maybe i shouldave gone there more often
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm not sure to be honest..... I used to buy my Arty mags there... but I always thought.. when in doubt... try borders...
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:42 pm

For those members requiring a bass set-up guide

Bass setup guide
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next