Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case.

+10
Dropthelines585
danthewelshy
DubHertz
willba
BlackF89
Smaz
Fuzzy
Thor
Spoon
f8tlbyte
14 posters

Go down

Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case. Empty Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case.

Post  f8tlbyte Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:41 pm

Just wondering what people here do with their bass when not playing it. I keep mine on wall hangers. Easier to grab and play, and it looks awesome. I wonder sometimes if it is bad for the neck though.
f8tlbyte
f8tlbyte

Back to top Go down

Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case. Empty Re: Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case.

Post  Spoon Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:42 pm

I put mine on its stand
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case. Empty Re: Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case.

Post  Thor Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:47 pm

My trusty stand that i found in a skip.
For the same reason so its close to hand when i need to play Smile

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:48 pm

found in a skip lol
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:14 pm

I've got a hercules stand that you hang it on.

Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case. Herc_410
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 pm

I dont anything fancy like that just a universal A frame stand
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  f8tlbyte Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Yeah mine are the hercules wall mounts. I like the lock in design. I've seen the stands before, how sturdy are they? Thats my issue with stands, mine before tip over easy or my bass/guitars fall out of them.
f8tlbyte
f8tlbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:57 pm

the stand that I have doesnt have any problem like that just put it down and it stays there.

Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case. C12f0ddba13a12cc76ad1df12d912a27

a bit like that
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:58 pm

I've got a wall mount up, waiting to put two more up. Apart from that, I've got stands, but I sometimes leave them in their hardcases if I've been out jamming Smile
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:07 pm

I have one poop stand that i got for a fiver, I'm after getting some wall mounts but worry about neck issues etc
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case. Empty Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case.

Post  willba Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:09 pm

Im too cheap to buy anything for some reason, so i just rest it on top of its bag on the floor, and when im about to go to bed i put it in its bag and rest it against my amp, very stupid really
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm

I used to just stand it up in the corner with or without carry bag
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Either way is good but if you are planning to leave it hanging up for a long period then detune the strings to prevent neck issues
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:18 pm

hercules stands all the way!
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:35 pm

I have a double stand, but I left it in Missouri. So they normally just stay in the last place I had them.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:46 pm

I have a hardcase... but i dont use it often, i keep everything pluged in and my bass out on top of my hard case... so i can walk into my room turn on the amp and start playing.
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:06 am

f8tlbyte wrote:Yeah mine are the hercules wall mounts. I like the lock in design. I've seen the stands before, how sturdy are they? Thats my issue with stands, mine before tip over easy or my bass/guitars fall out of them.

Quite sturdy, but if you bump into it, the whole thing is going over pretty easily.
I might get a wall mount put it..

Last edited by Fuzzy on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:50 am

I've got one of these:
Hanging on wall VS Keeping in case. Wanchoon@11

Never ever happens to my bass when it's on that thing!

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:39 pm

There are loads of those in my school

I don't have a stand or anything, I've got a bass bag that I keep stood up next to my bed. Bass goes in that when not being used.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:29 am

I've got 4 basses and a guitar so I have to use wall stands lol. I don't have the floor space in my room. I personally prefer the wall stands, they are much more convenient. I do have one stand though that I can't stand Razz It has no lock or anything to keep the guitar in place. It just sits on it, ever time a cat come running down the hallway I'm afraid they'll knock it over. No
Rushfan30
Rushfan30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down