Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New blog post: Staying on the path.

+12
Hutch
Dylan hergs
Fuzzy
uglymutt
Blackdragon
Some freaky guy
danthewelshy
BlackF89
akyra
DubHertz
BassistMcKay
Dmanlamius
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New blog post:  Staying on the path. Empty New blog post: Staying on the path.

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Hope you enjoy!

Clicky
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

New blog post:  Staying on the path. Empty Re: New blog post: Staying on the path.

Post  BassistMcKay Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Very nice sir, especially the 'covered in mud and cow sh*t' part lol. But honestly, a good inspirational message.
BassistMcKay
BassistMcKay

Back to top Go down

New blog post:  Staying on the path. Empty Re: New blog post: Staying on the path.

Post  DubHertz Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Cool site Dman
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  BassistMcKay Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Man DubHertz, I can't stop looking at that awesome bass you've got. I've got a 5 String Davison, but I had to remove the 5th string. I just can't seem to wrap my head about it. How did you ever learn 7 strings?
BassistMcKay
BassistMcKay

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:05 pm

Most of the time I dont use the upper C and F strings. If I'm recording some music and I havent got a lead guitarist I use the high strings to add some fills.

These guitars come from a german supplier www.hk-instruments.de or here http://stores.shop.ebay.de/hk-instruments__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I play mainly reggae which doesnt really require the use of the higher strings. I think I got this bass on looks more than practicality LOL (and the price was good). I must admit that I prefer a 5 string to the seven string and being honest the 7 string spend a lot of its time in a gig bag locked away in a cupboard.

Oh yeah...it helps to have big palms, the neck is very wide yet quite thin.

OOps ....sorry Dman, that was a bit off topic.
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Loved it and left my comments Smile
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  BassistMcKay Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:32 pm

DubHertz wrote:

OOps ....sorry Dman, that was a bit off topic.
My fault! Sorry!
BassistMcKay
BassistMcKay

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Always love reading your blogs dman - great stuff, can't thankyou enough for all the effort you put into your site and this forum... I didn't know jack about the electric bass (other than I wanted to play one) until I stubbled across your videos 5 months ago Smile
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:30 pm

good read as per usual I must say Kris Smile
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:44 pm

You're afraid of the dark, eh?

Me too D:
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Cheers, guys!

Afraid of the dark? No. I'm just afraid of what my mind puts in it sometimes.

To be creative, you need an imagination. As most of you guys know, i'm very creative...

...a bit too creative sometimes...

Very Happy
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Thats sounds like the greatest story ever.

did you find out what the fireworks were for? Any idea what the event was, or were they just there because of your awesome?
And do you know the name of the castle by chance, if i ever travel around there it looks like a place i'd like to see in person.
(i want to know this type of things... so?)
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 pm

It's cool man, i'm happy you want to know!

I have no idea what the fireworks were for. But i've since learnt that they have loads of things going on up there.

The Castle is Dover castle, somewhere close to me. Its actually the castle (and moon) in the pic on the blog. Smile

Here's a better pic:

New blog post:  Staying on the path. DoverCastleLargeImage

And this looks about where I ended up? it was definatly near this spot....Smile

New blog post:  Staying on the path. Se_dover_castle_08
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:45 pm

That castle looks bad ass, i love how they were always built on hills, and this is by the water too... Makes it great to look at, and i bet it was easy to defend too.
You have a hardcore place to go in case of a zombie apocalypse.
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Yea, its great round here man. You ever see that video, where I explored moats, and stuff round here?

There are hundreds of miles of tunnels, and all sorts of crazy stuff. Masses of history.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:03 am

sounds like a time but i haven't got to see the vid, mind pming it, i dont want it to take over the topic.
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:13 am

Really good metaphor for anything really, even better that it actually happened.
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:20 am

Another great blog Very Happy
Sounds like you had fun Razz
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:47 am

great blog man! i always enjoy what u have to say =) and i wwill remember what youve said and i will take it with me with all my trials in life and bass =)
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Post  Hutch Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:25 am

Awesome tale Dman, left my thoughts on the blog.

Also this is my first Post! Yaaaay! Very Happy I can has warm welcome now?

EDIT: Yeah sorry there SuperMaximo... Just didn't want my first post to be so... bare Razz

Last edited by Hutch on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Hutch
Hutch

Back to top Go down

Post  Beastmanh Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:38 am

Warm welcome has can Hutch Smile

And on the "on topic" tip.. LOVE the blog Smile Does it make me crazy for still RUNNING up the stairs sometimes as if something is right behind me? If so.... I never do that.. ya ya thats it... i never do that anymore... affraid

Beastmanh

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:37 am

SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  BassistMcKay Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:21 am

Hutch wrote:Awesome tale Dman, left my thoughts on the blog.

Also this is my first Post! Yaaaay! Very Happy I can has warm welcome now?

I know, off topic, but he has a pic now! Warm Welcomes sir!
BassistMcKay
BassistMcKay

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 am

Another great one dman!
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Hey Dman.

I was in class today and I was thinking bout your blog...then I was told to come up with an idea for a film... and sorta used your story as a basis to make into a film..

The more I developed it.. the more I liked it.. So would you mind if I took your story and make it into a film for my final project Smile
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next